Cold weather running question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctyguy

Is it good for ones heart to run in cold weather ? I know prior to my surgery that cold weather was bad for my stenotic BAV, the whole snow shoveling in cold weather and dropping over dead of a heart attack thing. The colder air being something that exaserbates your symptoms. the Is there anything to be concerned about from a cold weather and exertion standpoint once your on the other side ? Im doing two runs a week (4m, 6m) regularly now and want to continue, just preferably not on a treadmill, at least not until its legitimately COLD outside.

I would ask your cardio....okay now that I have that out of the way, I have no such restrictions. I would try it and see how you feel...you should be able to tell if you have problems running in the cold.

I agree with Tom. I fortunately live with a cold running day might be 40-45º at 7:00AM. However I am prone to exercise-induced asthma and when it's cold I frequently have to stop or really slow down until my bronchials warm up. When that started happening it really scared me. Something you may want to be aware of.

Latest posts

Back