Cold spells?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosewynds

I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else with aortic stenosis. Lately, about once a week or so, I get what I call "cold spells". For the entire day I am cold, and can't get warmed up until I go to bed at night. This happened yesterday, I also felt like I couldn't breathe very well. My blood pressure was 108 over 67 which is low for me. Now today I am fine, blood pressure is up around 115 over 74, and I don't feel cold at all.

I have since January lost 38 pounds and I also walk about 2.5 miles a day, I don't know if this has anything to do with it. I take DiovanHCT for my blood pressure, maybe it's too low now, would that cause the cold spells? I see my doctor Thursday for my regular appointment, but I just wanted to get some feedback from some of you before I talk to him.

My aortic valve is 1.6cm, which is considered "mild", but I have been having irregular heartbeats on and off and some dizziness. But it could be from the blood pressure being too low maybe?

I just don't want to sound like a complainer to the doctor.

Thank you.

Lisa

Hi Lisa-

If there's anything I've learned solidly in all of my husband's extensive medical history, it's that everything means something, and most of it can be traced to his heart condition, either the condition itself, or the medications used to treat it.

You should never think of yourself as a complainer. The doctor is the right person to tell about these things. Notice, I didn't mention "complaining" You should make a list of all of the things that are going on with how you feel, that you consider different from ordinary, no matter how small they seem.

Let the doctor sort them out. Maybe all of them will add up into something which can direct him to a diagnosis for you. This is his job and how he earns his living.

Lisa,
In my part of Michigan, north of DEtroit, we're anticipating 80 degrees today! I look forward to warming up a little from the winter.

Nancy gives good advice. Don't hesitate to take all your concerns to the doctor.

Don't be surprised if it gets even hotter!

Don't be surprised if it gets even hotter!

Hey Jim and Lisa,

I don't know what's causing Lisa's "cold spells", but be prepared for a warm one today if yesterday's weather here in Minnesota is any indication. We had a record high of 89* yesterday! Today I think it's supposed to be in the 60's and I believe tomorrows high will only be in the 40's!!

I just love spring in MN, it's "Like a box of chocolates" (as Forest Gump would say), "You never know what your gonna get"!

Latest posts

Back