Cold Feet???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jane

A strange little query.......Did anyone here suffer from really really cold feet prior to an avr for severe aortic stenosis?? I don't mean fear of the operation - which I do have as well, but very icy tootsies?? I guess it might be down to poor circulation.

I've had cold feet before surgery. Now that the weather here is turning cool again, I still have cold feet. I had wanted to think that it was due to the inefficient pumping of my heart, but that apparently isn't it.
Is it possible to measure the actual temperature of the feet, instead of just how cold they feel?

Hello Jane,

For at least a year before my AVR, I slept with socks on my feet.

When I got home from the hospital, I put my socks on, got into bed and IMMEDIATELY realized my feet were HOT. That's when I realized my circulation was really improved and I took off the socks.

'AL'

Jane
I had cold feet before surgery. I don't remember when I starting wearing socks to bed. Just before my surgery my husband used to make me a hot water bottle for my cold feet.
Now, my feet are toasty warm. But, I am so used to sleeping with socks on that I still do. I can't stand the feeling of the sheets on my bare feet. So when my feet get hot, I still them outside the blankets!

I think it has to do with poor circulation and the cardio told me some of it mught have been from being on a beta blocker, too.
-Mara

I have freezing feet

I have freezing feet

Hi Jane-

From the people I talked to, it sounds as if the cold feet disappear after surgery. I'm usually cold all the time, not just my feet. I finally bought some angora wool socks, plus I wear fuzzy slippers.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back