CoaguCheck versus INRatio ?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

ccsmbrk

Hello to all,
I am new on this forum, and actually asking on behalf of my wife who had last year one of her valves replaced and is on Coumadin now.
We are from Israel and it seems that the only two monitors we can purchase here are the CoaguCheck S from Roche and the INRation from HemoSense. We need to decide asap between these two monitors. Does anyone knows if there is a comparison study available ? or any other resource link that might help us decide ?
Many thanks,
Moshe

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard

I thought I would just welcome you aboard, it can be a bit slow when it is the middle of the night in the US. I can't help you with the testers as I am not on Warfarin. I am certain others will be along shortly who can advise you on their experiences with the different home testers. :)

You cannot go wrong with either unit!!! They are both fantastic. Coagucheck just recently came out with a new model, but may not be available to you yet. It is just about indentical to the INRatio unit. No controls, all are in the strips and ready to go. With the S model, you must run controls to ensure accuracy.

INRatio is a self contained unit, small, light weight, very easy to get along with. I have one and love it.

I can't choose between either unit as they are both excellent. ;)

Coaguchek S user

Coaguchek S user

good morning ccsbmrk

The only experience I've had is with the Coaguchek S and I'm more than happy with it. Probably everyone feels the same about whichever tester they use. Home monitoring is vastly superior to labs. I can't recommend them enough.

I'd also check out the CoaguchekXS model--it's fairly new and I understand it is available in the UK. Not sure about the EU. It has not been approved in Canada nor the US.

Al Lodwick's recent posting about his experience with the XS is very favourable.

Sandra

Hi

We have the Coaguhek and just love it. It's easy to use, doesn't use much blood and is great to travel with. We don't have the other, so I can't comment on that, but we certainly can recommend the Coaguchek very highly.

Evelyn

The backup with Roche is excellent and of the no quibble variety and that goes equally strongly world wide. I would choose the latest from Roche which should be available to you in Israel. Contact your local Roche. They are a very large company with a variety of irons in the fire.
Uk site:
http://www.coaguchek.co.uk/content/coaguchek_meter/product_information/index.html
Ring or E-mail Andreas Moll who can give you a contact in Israel that is if the local telephone directory is unhelpfull
Andreas Moll
Roche Diagnostics GmbH
Sandhofer Strasse 116
D-68305 Mannheim, Germany
Phone:
+49 621 759 8587

Fax:
+49 621 759 8610

[email protected]

Accuracy data for the CoaguCheck XS

Accuracy data for the CoaguCheck XS

Hi,
Thanks for the usefull replies I have received, and from which, among other things, I have learnt about the new CoaguCheck XS model. Seems it will be introduced in Israel on May 11 so that is not too far away.
I was wondering if anyone has a hint on how to find data about the comaprison of the XS model with traditional lab tests. Such graphs exist for many of the current monitors, but I couldn't find it for this new model. I have sent a question to Roche about it, but no reply so far (wasn't too long ago - perhaps it will arrive). Any ideas ?
Many thanks,
Moshe

Moshe I suspect any graph is going to closely correlate with graphs from the S model. The only differences in the two is that the XS has the controls built into the strips, where the older models required you run controls manually. INRatio does the same thing with their test strips--High and low controls built right into the test strip.

Venous blood samples for Coaguchek XS?

Venous blood samples for Coaguchek XS?

Hi Ross,

I am unable to download/read the complete documents .pdf files. There are 3 pages and all I can download is the first half of page one. Probably my antiquated operating system.

Did they test only venous blood?

Sandra

Ross said:

Acceptance criteria:
The acceptance criteria for the assessment of equivalency to the CoaguChek XS
system were fixed to (study protocol LB 157-2005):
INR range 0.8 to 2.0 INR (venous blood): Bias <0.10 INR
INR range 2.0 to 4.5 INR (venous blood): Bias <0.15 INR
From the Technical Design Goal document for the New Coagulation PT-System
(document no. NCP 085, rev. 3):
- imprecision of determinations using venous blood: <3.5%
- imprecision of determinations using liquid controls: <6%
- imprecision meter-to meter ≤1.5%
In the package insert of the test strips the range of slopes in regression analysis
compared to Innovin is given as 0.93 to 1.04.
Additional evaluation criteria were set for information only according to the
draft ISO standard 17593 [1], which requires a
- mean bias of ≤0.3 INR (in the INR range 2.0 ? 4.5) and
- a total of >90% of all data bias within +/- 0.5 INR (for INRs <2) or
within +/- 30% (for INRs >2)
compared with a laboratory reference thromboplastin.
Furthermore an MRD below 10% in method comparison to a laboratory
reference method is set for information only.
Results:
For the three test strip lots the maximum mean bias between the CoaguChek XS
Plus and the CoaguChek XS System was 0.03 INR for samples in the range below
an INR of 2.0, and 0.07 INR for samples in the therapeutic range of OAT (INR
2.0 ? 4.5).
All regression lines between systems for the low and therapeutic INR range were
equal to the line of identity (y = x). The coefficients of correlation were > 0.97.
The measuring range from 0.8 to 8.0 INR was covered by the samples.

Back