Blood Pressure too low?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattyO

General point - in my first post I pointed out I’ve had my old tissue valve 22 years (tissue valve - Carpentier Edwards Bioprosthesis )ago. My recent echo revealed more of a leak. I had my BP measured when I had my echo (130/79) but I’ve been measuring it at home since and my BP is roughly 120/65, sometimes going to 110/58. I was just wondering whether this is bad, or might be one of the signs the valve is giving up on me! It has done well, after all! Be Grateful if anyone has any thoughts.

110/58 is a bit low, but as long as you don't feel dizzy it is ok. According to the NHS, ideal blood pressure is considered to be between 90/60mmHg and 120/80mmHg

If my systolic is below 60 I can feel dizzy, but all sorts of factors affect blood pressure, including if you are dehydrated. After my valve surgery my blood pressure dropped quite a bit, which made sense: the heart was not having t work as hard once the valve was not blocked. Despite this they wanted to keep me on a blood pressure pill and a beta blocker, and they said to add more salt to my diet to increase the blood pressure!

Hello! Thanks for the reply, I take ramipril for my BP and am currently on Gabepentin for Sciatica, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Yes, I heard about the salt thing - I might try that. Thanks!

Back