Blood Collection?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

David

I had AVR valve replacement surgery (St Jude, Regence) 7 weeks ago and am feeling well. My insurance company authorized purchace of IN Ratio machine from QAS.

I tried using it this week and was unable to get a sufficient drop of blood to fall on target (I poked myself about 3 times and also warmed finger before stick, etc., it was very frustrating). When I tried to press the blood hanging from finger against target, I missed.

The person at my clinic who figures out my cumidin (sp?) dose showed me a capillary collection system (thin tube with bulb) put out by Coaguchek, which will syphon off the blood from finger and drop it perfectly on target. She gave me demo.

Does anyone use these? Where do you purchase them? Does anyone have better or different suggestion on how to get a good stick which will drop blood where it's supposed to go?

Thanks.

Dave

QAS MicroSafe Tubes

QAS MicroSafe Tubes

David,

Please call me and I'll send you some 15ul microsafe tubes. I think you will find them useful and make the process much easier. I believe Ross can speak on the benefits of using the tubes. Call me at 800-298-4515 ext 2865. Thanks!

Lance

Dave

Dave

I think being new..you are just nervous..I was, too..at first...This is what I do....I turn the hot water on first from faucet...then I turn on protime..insert my cuvette..(when it tells you) then I turn around and keep my hand and fingers under the hot water for at least 1 minute..45 sec..then dry off good...2 minutes is a long time.... :D When it say, prick, I prick my index finger on the side....keeping my hand below my waist....the blood flow, quickly, wipe the first drop..and you should have plenty blood to fill the lacette...and remember..you still have 2 minutes to do it...Insert it into cuvette and remove in 5 seconds...You should do fine..Bonnie

QAS said:
David,

Please call me and I'll send you some 15ul microsafe tubes. I think you will find them useful and make the process much easier. I believe Ross can speak on the benefits of using the tubes. Call me at 800-298-4515 ext 2865. Thanks!

Lance
It makes a world of difference to use the tubes. Occassionally, you get a tube that just doesn't want to work right, but the majority do just fine. I used to be able to cover the entire tip of my finger with blood, let the drop fall and watch it run around the rim of the well rather then into it. With the tubes, plant the end over the hole and squirt. PRESTO!

I favor 70 ml capillary tubes with a detachable rubber bulb (supplied with tubes) I'm sure Lance has these in stock . If not, they can be obtained from another supplier. These are very easy to use, suck up more than enough blood ( in case you are a little shaky). Coaguchek requires 10ml and Hemosense 15 ml. I was told that Protime needs more than any capillary tube can supply. Is this true, Protime users?

Marty said:
I favor 70 ml capillary tubes with a detachable rubber bulb (supplied with tubes) I'm sure Lance has these in stock . If not, they can be obtained from another supplier. These are very easy to use, suck up more than enough blood ( in case you are a little shaky). Coaguchek requires 10ml and Hemosense 15 ml. I was told that Protime needs more than any capillary tube can supply. Is this true, Protime users?

He means µl not ml (I hope!) Haven't got my machine yet, but "buckets 'o blood" I ain't getting from my fingers.

Latest posts

Back