best lancet for finger sticking?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lance

Almost impossible to obtain a "hanging droplet" of blood with Softclix lancet supplied with the Coagucheck S monitor.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was your solution?

Last edited:
Hey Lance,
I had trouble getting a good drop with the Soft clix. QAS had some Tenderletts at the last reunion and I tried one and it worked great. I ordered a box and the depth is 1.75mm haven't had any problems since.
Take Care

We use the Lancetts without the cups from QAS instead of the pen-type thingy.....which I think stinks. You're right, you can't get enough blood out. Then, as Rossman said, we use a capillary tube with a bulb on the end, draw it up and place that on the strip. Our cardio's coumadin clinic girl showed us that little trick, and boy has it been a Godsend. I think a package of 100 tubes costs about $25......WELL worth the price!!!

Evelyn

I agree with the others. Use the capillary tubes. I use the pen type lancet with the tubes and never have a problem. However, I make sure my finger is very warm - run under hot water for about 2 minutes. Also, I rub the finger before using the lancet and hold it below my waist.
This usually works without having to sqeeze the finger although I have to squeeze it sometimes.

Lance,had same problem with Softclix that came with my Coaguchek. Like Dave I discovered the QAS Tenderlet and used them with the capillarty tubes. No more trouble

Hi Lance,

There are about 10 settings on the Softclix. 3.5 works very well for me. If all else fails........try a higher setting :)

Ross said:
Your more then welcome to borrow my .357mag if you still can't get it. :D

Ross: I visualize you brain in high gear, bony fingers flying over the keyboard, offering a .357mag for blood testing. Gosh the first try would produce unough blood for a lifetime. It's a handgun isn't it? Clint Eastwood's famous "this is a .357 mag, punk, so go ahead make my day". Love the avatar. Now about delivery north of the border, hee, hee, hee.

Thanks to everyone for your helpful and timely hints. I'll look into the capillary tubes, QAS lancettes without cups and the QAS tenderlett (are Tenderletts one-time use only?) Not sure if there's a Canadian distributor but will enquire.

Last edited:
Honestly Lance, get the Cap tubes. It makes things so much easier and it's much cheaper then going with new sticking devices.

Latest posts

Back