back from disney, left my stones behind

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

richie rich

hi everyone

i am back from disney. we had a great time. we wound up going to 6 parks in 8 days. the walking was great and i never felt tired. my brother on the other hand seemed to be tired alot and i practically begged him to go see my cardio ( a family friend ). i am afraid that he may have a heart problem. he isnsist not but I had a bicuspid aortic valve and he could too due to it being herediatery.

my daughter annie insisted that she get a horseback ride EVERYWHERE (the parking lot, the park, the airport, the airplane, the bathroom and even on lines). i pretty much carried her everywhere. i felt like mr. ed. but i loved every minute of it.

of course the trip was not completely perfect. on monday 2/3 i started have blood in my urine. it started off as a dark yellow, to brown, to orange and eventually to very bright red. i called the cardio the next day and he told me to stop the coumdin until i stop bleeding. then i went to a walk in center and did a urine test to check for any infections. nothing but they gave me cipro just in case. the following nite ( wednesday) i woke up with severe pains in my lower back, side, and groin. a few hours later i felt the stones pass. it was hard to see them due to the blood clots in my urine. i kept bleeding until friday and then it stopped. my cardio and my sister in law ( general practioner) both feel that the coumdin made the bleeding seem more severe than it really was. either way it scared my mother and wife and eventaully me too since i was bleeding for 5 days. all is well now. i went back on my coumdin yesterday. i don't know why since i was told that i could stop on 2/15. i will probably take it for a extra week just in case.

florida was nice and warm. came home to a foot of snow and then it snowed yesterday. we build a big snowman last night and today i shoveled the driveway and the walkways around my house. oh yeah i forgot my blood pressure went up to 140/96 the day i went into the walk in center. i will go see my cardio next week to get a new reading.

take care

richie rich:)

Oh how I envy you. I only wish I were up to being that well. Sure sounds like you had a good time outside of the stones. Those, I imagine, can be rather painful. So what souvenir did ya get me? :D

heartcheck

Rich, My wife had some pain around her chest area and a-frib(?)
occasionally and after my surprise we thought she should have an echo---turned out alright, made her feel better. It seems that some people believe that the less they know the better off they are. Mentally that may be true, but if there is a problem, as they say in farm country " the chickens will come home to roost"

It seems you had a scary experiance. LIFE IS TUFF, but you seemed to handle it well. as for the blood pressure, well, wasn't that a stessful situation??
I'm glad for you that the vacation was the highlite, that is Disney.

Tell your brother that the echo is nothing! Its enlightning if anything.

Latest posts

Back