AVR & Memory Problems

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RonP

Hey Gang:

One more simple question. How many of you experience memory problems since having your valves replaced? I had my aortic valve replaced in Sep 99 and still can't seem to get the memory act together. Is this a common problem with all of us or am I, as usual, unique?

Your responses will be helpful if I can remember to review your answers.

Thanks,

RON P.

CRS!!!

CRS!!!

Howdy, Ron P.

I believe anaesthetics played a big role in contributing to my memory problems. Much is also probably due to the aging process and normal men's CRS syndrome! Once the anaesthetics wore off, it got better, but it really took longer than I expected. No wonder they don't recommend driving for 30 days!

I picked up a PalmPilot after I had completely forgotten an important meeting, thus justifying my need to get my chit together!. The Palm's handy little alarm beeper goes off in advance of the things I set it to remind me of.

Best regards.

PerryA

Hi Ron,
I trieb to reply to your email, but it was returned... strange. Looks like you're not the only one with memory problems! lol

I am fine.. will go for a bone scan today. I was supposed to have it two weeks ago, but someone screwed up and ordered a bone density instead of a scan... so back I go! But hey! Do I have anything better to do with my time? hee hee

I hope that you are better... what caused the hospital visit? Are you a-okay now? (So much that you didn't say in that email!)

I am not happy with the weather changes (sinuses give me fits this time of year), but will have to live with it... the snow will fly whether I like it or not!

Memory loss alas, is a common post-surgery problem. I finally had to get an appt. book just to keep my docs straight! Seems they make me go at least once a week whether I want to or not and a little thing like, "Gee... I forgot!" just doesn't cut it anymore! ;)

Take care friend,
Zazzy

Hi Ron,

No, you are not unique, let me assure you.
Memory problems are common when you've been on a heart and lung machine during surgery. They told me it was a passing phenomena but I think I'm a lost case by now and have decided to learn to live with a not so reliable memory... :) .
Take care!

/jessica

Ron - I did not have much of a memory problem after surgery. I remembered a bunch of computer passwords, but not my phone number.

AVR (St. Judes) and Mitral repair, 3-4 hours on the pump, 3rd time. Yes my memory has gone south also, short term. I take my pills and immediatly don't know if I have taken them, those days just blur together, one of those neat pill containers helped that.

But I think with the pump and old age, 41, it is still not a bad deal.

Sam

memory problems

memory problems

Does it mean our memory is bad if we forget if we took the pills or not? :eek: Sometimes I have to check the little box to see if the pills are still in there. BUT..... I think my memory is okay. :)

I had some memory problems for a while after my surgery... but it didn?t last too long.

Sam! :) 41 is NOT old... :confused:

The little pill box is a MUST.

Latest posts

Back