Artificial Heart

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christina L

I was just watching ABC nightly news (while sitting here supposed to be working at my job!) and there was a piece on a young guy (teenager) who just had an artificial heart put in and I think it was at the University of Arizona (?). He is going to be on Good Morning America tomorrow morning. He was walking, talking, and looked very healthy. Amazing!!

I know someone said on a post the other day that they don't think there will be much new in the way of cardiac advances in the next several years. I beg to disagree with that statement. I think they are working feverishly on all kinds of heart-related things - there are brilliant and sincerely caring doctors and scientists out there who are working to make the world for us better.

Did anyone else see this on the news tonight??

Christina L.

P.S. This young man's heart had been weakened from a form of muscular dystrophy and an artificial heart was his only option. God bless him.

Christina L.

Chris it's a shame that you didn't get to meet Dr. McCarthy while you were at Cleveland. That guy is working double overtime on some very exciting advancements in artificial hearts.

There have been several people having these artificial hearts. There have been a couple of people pass away, but for the others, I haven't heard anything, so they must be doing good. Medical science advances, gotta love it. We are living longer nowadays. Pretty interesting stuff. Take care.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Juide's valve

Latest posts

Back