Appointment with Surgeon-Finally

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dodi

Hi Everyone,

I finally followed through and went to meet the Thorasic Surgeon yesterday. I wrote down all of the questions I have been asking and reading about here.

He explained the relationship between Rheumatic Fever and the Valve Disease. He was very patient and took a lot of time to explain the operation and answer questions. He assured me that students would not do any of the operation. He said that the TEE is actually done during the operation and I would not even know it is going on.

He said that my tests show that it is a good time for me to consider surgery now. We talked about the importants of the pressure in the valve. Mine is 55, an ideal pressure would be 35, while a pressure of 100 would be considered time for emergency surgery. His recommendation is that surgery now would result in better long term results and less risk.

To make a long story short, I am scheduled for May 20 when I will be admitted for a Cardiac Cath followed by MVR and AVT on May 21.

Thanks again to everyone for giving me the courage to move forward one more step.

Dodi

I'm happy to hear that you've moved forward with this situation.

You know we'll be here for any other questions that you may have and will work with you until it's time. Then you have to put up with us asking how your doing when it's done. We can be pests can't we? :D

Hi Dodi-

You took a very important step and I'm happy that relief is coming soon for your problems.

Keep us posted.

Dodi

Dodi

Please stay with us until you go in. This wait may get difficult at times and everyone here knows how you will be feeling. We will be here to help so use us. Peggy

Back