Anyone following Idol?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherry

Just a fun Saturday thread: are any of you following American Idol this season? I've never watched it before this season, and now I'm hooked, although my sentimental fave was voted off last week. :(

Anyone want to make a prediction as to who will be in the top three? Mine would be Chris, Elliott, and Taylor.

Sherry said:
Just a fun Saturday thread: are any of you following American Idol this season? I've never watched it before this season, and now I'm hooked, although my sentimental fave was voted off last week. :(

Anyone want to make a prediction as to who will be in the top three? Mine would be Chris, Elliott, and Taylor.

We watched it last year and this year. I'm sure Taylor and Chris will be in the top three, and I want Elliott to be. Of the remaining seven, we like Taylor, Elliott and Paris best. It is good show, aside from the judges...they're goofy.

Hi, Wise. Now that Bucky is off (I never thought he'd win, but I just loved his humility and goofy smile), I agree with you. Elliott has been through some major medical hardships so I'll pull for him, but I'm not sure he'll make it all the way. Paris is sweet, but the other two girls -- no way. I'm pulling for the guys this season.

BTW, I was in your neck of the woods yesterday for a lesson. We may be coming through May 20th for another, so I'll PM you if you and Cindy both would like to meet me and young un for a cup of coffee. I see you now have a Starbucks at the first Frankfort exit. Take care.

Sherry said:
Hi, Wise. Now that Bucky is off (I never thought he'd win, but I just loved his humility and goofy smile), I agree with you. Elliott has been through some major medical hardships so I'll pull for him, but I'm not sure he'll make it all the way. Paris is sweet, but the other two girls -- no way. I'm pulling for the guys this season.

BTW, I was in your neck of the woods yesterday for a lesson. We may be coming through May 20th for another, so I'll PM you if you and Cindy both would like to meet me and young un for a cup of coffee. I see you now have a Starbucks at the first Frankfort exit. Take care.

I liked Bucky also. He was just a real guy. We thought the last two weeks were his best. I'd have to say that I'm pulling for Elliott also; really like Taylor and would be happy if he won as well.

Yes, we'd love to meet you and your young un for coffee at Starbucks. Yes, it is at the first exit (#53). We're looking forward to it. Just let us know.

I've been watching it over here too! Elliott has a gooooorgeous voice! Chloe likes Paris - makes her giggle when she bounces all over the stage!

xxx

This is the first season I haven't watched it. I have no idea who is who. As someone who has music as an occupation, it is the show I love to hate at times. By the time they get to the final 5 or 6, all have good voices. But there have been some in the top 12 over the seasons that have made my ears bleed.:eek:

We're totally hooked on it! Have watched since the end of Season One.

Carrie Underwood, last year's winner, is my all-time No. 1 favorite. Love country music and she is already one of the best in the country music circles. Sne will be for many, many years. My wife's fav was Clay Aiken, runner-up from a few seasons back.

Okay this season, I tend to like the gals (funny thing about that :D ) and my favorite is Katharine. Alas, however, some nights she doesn't sing songs that are best for her bluesy style, so I'm not predicting she'll win.

My predicted final three (not my favorite three) are: Chris, Kelli, and Taylor.

Kelli is cute as a bug but she doesn't have anything approaching the country voice of Carrie.

Just my redneck opinions. :D :D :D

Karlynn said:
...there have been some in the top 12 over the seasons that have made my ears bleed.:eek:

I wondered how someone who has a real ear for music heard some of these kids. The worst I ever heard was the first eliminated in the top 24 this year. That was Bobby Bennett. I wondered how he ever got there in the first place.

Of course it's widely known that those who make it through the rounds of the audition process don't do so just because of their voice. There are many talented singers that try out and don't get through. There was a young woman in Chicago a couple of years ago who studied voice and sang in bands - and didn't make it through the first audition.

I have perfect pitch - as far as what I hear. I wish I could say I always sing with perfect pitch - but sadly no. So I drive myself nuts from time to time.:D The last few seasons have been better and Randy and Paula seem to have come to learn what a good pitch sounds like. (They like the phrase "You were a little pitchie tonight.") But the first few seasons there were some in the top 12 who couldn't hit the right pitch if their life depended on it and Randy and Paula would rave over them. I'd literally talk to the TV. My husband would just laugh.

I can't speak for this season's top 12, but the last season's top 12 were of a pretty high caliber in my opinion. The year of Ruben and Clay was pretty slim pickins. That one guy that started the scandel about a relationship with Paula, was one of those singers who couldn't sing on pitch ever.

As much as people love to hate Simon, I would have to say that I agree more with his appraisals of the songs than the other two. Oh, some of the things he comments on are silly, that's the show biz part, but he does seem to have a handle on what a good voice sounds like.

I would agree that Carrie Underwood has an excellent voice. And Kelly Clarkson has a much better voice now than when she won Idol the first season.

I've been thinking about this since you first posted. I've been following Idol this year for the first time. Now I see what my kids have been talking about.

I just don't see where any of this year's crop is good enough to win. Therefore I'm having a real problem picking a winner. I like Taylor best of all - good pitch, quirky behavior, really original. But does that make an "idol"?

I thought Mandisa had the very best qualities for a winner - incredible voice, personality, experience and power - and a unique style. Unfortunately, bye bye. Why shouldn't a gospel singer win?

Love Simon. The other two seem to have gotten tougher the last couple of weeks, as well. Just not as snotty.

And I'm glad they got rid of the pitch problem people too - it ain't music if it's not pitch perfect - it's yelling.

Latest posts

Back