Any Entomologists out there?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggie85

Ok, this is just for fun as I smash another mosquito. I keep wondering how our Warfarin tainted blood affects the Mosquitos taking meals from us?:biggrin2: Since blood isn't clotting right, do they get more when they suck it in? Does the Warfarin in our blood affect them?

These and many more Universe Pondering questions as I sit here trying to heal.:rolleyes2:

Linda

Ok being from the Midwest, I had the same thought the other night as I was being eaten alive. So, I am interested too if anybody knows.

I'll venture that they'll get less vitamin K (but then I have no idea if that's a vitamin for their metabolism, as vitamins are not universally vitamins for all organisms). They may or may not bleed more when you obliterate them with a whack.

:)

HaHa, thanks for the posts! Too funny to think this is a recurring thread. :angel: Thanks for reposting the previous thread Dornole. I've never seen one explode. I guess I smash them too fast. LOL

Everyone enjoy the summer days and be safe! Watch out for exploding mosquitos.
Linda

I asked my anticoag doctor about this once. She said that since mosquitoes already inject an anticoagulant into your blood stream to help the blood flow better, Warfarin only helps their cause.

You can explode them if you flex your arm the right way, my cousin is a master, I saw him do it many times when we were teens. But he says you get an extra nasty bite in exchange for the satisfaction.

LOL I have noticed the ones I got are taking longer to go away then usual and are forming red, raw areas instead of just fading away. Not getting infected, although I am watching one closer as it seems to have a yellowish area in middle of the flattened, red circle. I generally don't react to bites much so this is new. Not sure if Coumadin related or not.

Happy summer days all!
Linda

Back