Any ambidextrous testers?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catwoman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I'm right-handed, so I always run my INR tests on my left hand. Tried once on my right hand, but I was all left hands at doing so. :D
Has anyone ever been successful at using Tenderlett on the hand you write with?

I use both hands for the Tenderlett stick, but I'm sort of ambidextrous anyway. For instance, I write with my left hand, throw a ball with my right hand, and can use scissors with either hand. If you are a "strong" right-hander, I imagine it would be tough use your left hand to stick your right hand.

I use both, but tend to favor the non-writing hand the most.

I don't use the tenderlett because I have the INRatio monitor. However, I have been using both hands and, although the left is easier (I am right-handed), I seem to be OK with using the right.

Just an FYI - when I tested tonight, I used Al's suggestion of the little finger. I had always avoided it because, for some reason, I thought it would hurt more. Al indicated it has less nerve endings and thus would hurt less. He was right. I did the "halfway between the end of the nail and the fingerprint area" puncture and got plently of blood for the capillary tube and didn't have to sqeeze the finger or anything.

Just wanted to share and BTW - [size=+2]THANKS AL !![/size].

geebee said:
I don't use the tenderlett because I have the INRatio monitor. However, I have been using both hands and, although the left is easier (I am right-handed), I seem to be OK with using the right.

Just an FYI - when I tested tonight, I used Al's suggestion of the little finger. I had always avoided it because, for some reason, I thought it would hurt more. Al indicated it has less nerve endings and thus would hurt less. He was right. I did the "halfway between the end of the nail and the fingerprint area" puncture and got plently of blood for the capillary tube and didn't have to sqeeze the finger or anything.

Try your little toe next time. ;) :D

geebee said:

Tried this yesterday. Any tricks to it. I had blood running all over the place. Around the nail bed, down the pinkie. It took me a while to get it to drop. Just uncoordinated I guess. :(

Karlynn,
One of the reasons I liked the little finger was because it did bleed easily and I got a good sample. Do you use capillary tubes? Maybe it works better with the tubes because, even tho a drop works better, you can still get blood into the capillary tubes with a flow too.
Mine did bleed more but, apparently, not as much as yours.

I stick my left middle finger with my dominant right hand. I use the ring finger and thumb to compress the middle finger and get a good stick on the side of the middle finger.

I've been instructed by my coumadin clinic that if you goof up the first stick, to always use the other hand for a second try. I confess that I have learned to use both hands. :)

The capillary tube make is soooooo much more convenient to get that drop of blood from my fat fingers to that itty bitty dot on the strip. It also makes ambidextriousness easier.

Latest posts

Back