An update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Scottie

Hi folks ..yesterday I saw my Surgeon ..who told me that I need to have surgery before the end of the yr ...I am now on standby to go at short notice or if not called before then I should be called in the next two to five months ...this is much quicker than I had previously thought ...he is going to cut away the obstruction below the Pulmonary valve ,enlarge the ring round the valve and repair the valve and put a patch somewhere ....he got technical then LOL...
Not really looking forward to surgery ..but needs must ..so have home to prepare for a short notice call just in case ...
Thanks for listening
Scottie

That's good news Scottie. The sooner you get it over with, the sooner you'll start to feel better. Keep us posted.

Scottie:

The very best thing would surely be to get it over with. The waiting is so draining. So, this short notice thing sounds like a really good thing to me. I hope it is much sooner than the end of the year for your sake.

Your Surgery

Your Surgery

Hi Scottie,

I hope you get a call soon,
then you can get on with enjoying your life,
I realise it will be a worry waiting,but as Nancy says the sooner the better.

We are all thinking of you

Take care

Jan

Scottie
Good luck with your surgery. Just remember how much better you will feel after it is all over and you can get back to a normal routine!

-Mara

Scottie,

I'm so glad that you will be getting the repairs you need in the near future. You'll feel so much better after its over and you and your family will have so much to celebrate.

It's a rough decision to make and I remember how you struggled with getting this far in the process. However, you'll thank yourself and you'll thank God for many, many years as you enjoy your life with your spouse, your children and grand children.

Ron K

Scottie, so glad that they are done with delays for you! Can someone post for you if you do go into surgery on short notice?

Take care,
Zazz

Good to hear, but I'm sure it has you bothered a bit too.
Please be sure someone keeps us up to date, if you get the call early.;)

hi scottie!
so glad to hear this is finally going to happen. everyone is so right, you will feel so much better. please let us know when you get that call. meanwhile, we'll wait with you.
be well, sylvia

Hi Scottie

Hope you get a date for your surgery soon. The waiting is the hard part. I only had a weeks notice which turned out to be good. Didn't have too much time to worry about things. Just think of the future and how much better you will feel afterwards. I had my 3 month checkup yesterday. Everything is ok and I feel good. It's great to have your life back and be able to do things with no restrictions. I'm now cycling around 5 to 10 miles each day after work. Keep us posted and let us know when you get your date.

Take care.

Latest posts

Back