Amy's husband had his surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

amy

Alan had a mechanical aortic valvue today. We arrived at the hospital 5:30 am. The surgery started about 9:00 and ended 12:00.He finally came out of the ansesthesia about 5:eek:o and the respirator was removed about 8:00. I was able to talk with him in cardiac ICU. He was in suprisingly good spirits. Bar any complications, he will be transfered to a step down cardiac room tomrrow afternoon. The kids are easger to visit him.

Thanks for your kind wishes

Great news!

Great news!

OUTSTANDING! Glad to hear that Alan came through OK. Sounds like he's checking off the milestones in rapid fashion and will soon be up and around.

Amy, thanks for letting us know!

Great News

Great News

Amy,
That is fantastic news. Best wishes for an uneventful recovery!

Where in New Jersey are you. Did he have surgery in a Manhattan hospital?

fdeg

Great news

Great news

That is great news Amy. I know he will be glad to see the kids too. Get them to help him up and walk around the nurses's station. He'll be pooped but make him do it again and again..Don't worry too much if he doesn. feel like eating. Taste buds will be gone for a while. Just drink lots of juices. Bet he'll be home by Monday. Bonnie

Amy!

That is just great great news! We look forward to more posts from you regarding his recovery.

I am sure you will agree, it IS an interesting journey.

With best wishes to your husband, and to you.

Marybeth

update

update

The chest tube was removed this morning and he will be transferred to the step down unit about lunch time.

fdegranville
I live in Somerset County. The surgery was done at Morristown Hospital. They have very high ratings for cardiac care. The surgeon is Dr. Brown. He is also the head of the department and listed in the top 100 doctors in NJ.

Amy - Great to hear that Alan is doing so well. Once he is out of the ICU, it is smooth sailing. By the way, I am also from NJ, South Amboy, my wife grew up in New Providence. Glad to see Morristwon Hospital doing good work.

Congrats

Congrats

Hi Amy, Congratulations on Alan's successful surgery. I'm glad to hear everything went well. Wishing him a speedy and uneventful recovery. Try and get some rest...Take Care!

Amy,

It's nice to see that Alan made it up the mountain without too much of a struggle. Now he will feel a little better every day, perhaps with a minor bump in the road here or there, but steadily improving in the next 5 or 6 weeks. Encourage him to walk as much as he can and use the breathing device frequently.

You must feel like a big weight has been lifted off your shoulders, huh? The stress on the family can be almost
as difficult as it is on the patient.:)

BTW, I'm down in the Trenton area, but I went into Philadelphia for my surgery.

Maybe we should give some thought to having a mini-reunion for some of the east coast folks when Alan is fully recovered.

Please keep us posted on Alan's progress.

Ron K

update

update

Alan is sat in a chair for a few minutes, then fell asleep. He has had a few arythmias. At this point they are monitoring him closely, but feel that it is fairly typical for aortic valve replacements. They will be starting him on a beta blocker.

REUNION

REUNION

HEY RON....THAT REUNION SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA.....CAN US NEW YORKERS COME TOO????? WE'RE IN JERSEY FREQUENTLY AT DOG SHOWS AND STUFF....WOULD BE GREAT TO MEET ALL OF YOU.
EVELYN AND TYCE

East Coast Reunion

East Coast Reunion

I would love to see an east coast reunion...Maybe Jersey...Or the city that never sleeps. I would have no problem getting there. :D
Once everyone is well and recovered, We should definately think about it...

Latest posts

Back