Alicia's Surgery Update-Tuesday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa45

Hey Everyone,

I can't tell you how it warms my heart to know that you all are here for Ali, sorry I mean Alicia (I call her Ali.) I talked to her wonderful husband Anthony this morning about an hour ago and he finally got to see her. They did do a complete replacement and becuase of previous surgeries and so much scar tissue they did have to do the more invasive and crack open the chest (she was scared of that) but..the doctors said as of this morning in (ICU) she is doing the best of any patient that has had this in a long time! So well they are going to move her to a normal room tonight and she is off the ventialor all all tubes (except the chest tube I am sure.) I am so proud of her! She is under a lot of pain med's of course but she was talking late last night and early this morning and asked if we called for her!!! I said of Course. I thought that tomorrow she will be in her normal room and I will talk to Anthony again tonight to make sure everything is going okay. We are going (my husband and I) are going to send flowers and your card suggesstion is wonderful! That will definately put a smile on her face! I will have all information hopefully a phone number as well seeing how well she is doing. Anthony doesn't use the computer so I am the connection here but I will make sure all that want their name on the card will have it and if you want to do flowers or contribute let me know and I will pay and you can send me something if you want don't be pressured to do so. I know your prayers and thoughts and God's angels have gotten her through what we hope is her LAST surgery and she can begin to live a normal life...she deserves it!!!

Email if you have questions otherwise I will post tonight around 9:30 Central time.

Lisa Herschelman

Lisa

Lisa

Thank you so much for the posts on how Ali is doing. I have had her in my thoughts for the last week and I'm soooo relieved to hear that things went well. Yes she had angels watching over her both spiritual and human. I am sure you have been a God send to her. She loves the people at VR so much and I'm sureit's a relief for her to know that you are keeping everyone posted. If you talk to her please send my love and again thank you so much. Peggy

Lisa, thank you for being the go-between for Alicia. I'm so glad to hear that her surgery went well and that she's being such a trooper. I hope better days are in her future. I will be looking forward to further updates. Alicia is lucky to have you as her friend.....

Thanks, Vicki for letting us know. Sounds like she is doing very, very well.

Dear Alicia: You sound like a real trooper. Vicki has kindly updated us on your surgery. We know how glad you are to have it over and done with and have reached the best side of the mountain. You just keep on getting better every day and soon you will be able to tell us how well you feel, yourself. God bless

Hospital phone number?

Hospital phone number?

I have a 600 min. mobile and would love to call..in a few days..Do post the room telephone number. Bonnie

Thanks Lisa....I just got home from work and logged in to see how Alicia was doing. Please tell her we're all rooting and praying for her......So glad she's doing well.

Thanks, too for doing the card, please sign us Evelyn and Tyce.

Ev

Alicia

Alicia

I will definately make sure your name is on the card! Thank you for your prayers and well wishes I know she appreciates it.

Lisa Herschelman

That's wonderful news about Alicia. I'm so happy for her, send her my best. We all want to hear the nitty-gritty when she's home.

Lisa - Thanks for the update on Alicia. It sounds like she is going through the normal process. I will certainly say a prayer for her.

Lisa!
Thanks for keeping us all informed on how Alicia is doing. It sounds like things are going as they should. I have been thinking about her a lot lately. Please give her all my best. If you have a number, that would be great. Some of us could give her a quick jingle in a few days, if she's up to it. Please find out how she feels about that.

Thanks Again!
Gail

hi lisa!
thanks so much for taking the time to fill us in on how alicia is doing. please send her our best and let her know that she is in our thoughts and prayers. atleast the worst is behind her.
wishing her all the best in her recovery, sylvia

Back