Alicia Update Saturday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa45

Hey Everyone,

I actually got to speak on the phone with Ali today! She sounded great! Her voice was strong and she said the pain was not bad at all. She actually had walked about a 1/4 of a mile in the hall and ate solid food today.

She had some problem vomiting the past couple of days with all the pain meds and she had 5 chest tubes in. For those of you that have had that you know what she means (no fun when they taking them out.)

I told her how many of you had been asking about her daily and she was very very touched! It really meant a lot to her.

There is one concern that they have at this point. Don't have a forsure go home date yet cause there are some irregular Ventricular beats which is of concern and there was some talk of a pacemaker. Nothing is definate and they are watching her closely. Her doctors come in 3 and 4 times a day which is of great comfort and of course Anthony other friends and family have been there. So for the time being until we hear more pray that she will not need this pace maker and get her blood pressure stabilized. I will update again tomorrow after I talk with her.

Let me hear from you if you have any oponion on this pace maker deal.

Love
Lisa

It's hard to say, but if they have to use a pacemaker, I think it would be temporary. I could be wrong. Things may straighten out on there own too, she may just be healing at a different rate then most folks do.

I'll continue the prayers!

To Ross:

To Ross:

thanks Ross I will pass that on and it makes sense.

Lisa

Lisa, thanks for the updates. You are so kind to be calling and chatting with Alicia and then passing the news on to us. I had a pacemaker once I got up in my room (surgery on a Friday; in a room Sat. afternoon). I kept the pacemaker in the entire time I was in the hospital - never needed it - they took it out the day I went home. No big deal - more cautionary than anything. I just had a heartbeat that was a slow one and the pacemaker was there just in case I needed it, which I never did. Hopefully, it's about the same thing for Alicia - a "just in case" type of thing. Give her my best.

Hi Lisa, that's really good news! thank you for keeping us updated! I think Joan was going to go up and visit Ali sometime, as she lives close to her. give her my best, and tell her she's in my thoughts!
Joy

Please give Alicia my very best wishes and I pray that she will be able to go home soon - know she misses home, but the hospital is the best place to be when you need the care and attention of the drs. Sounds like they are being careful and that's so important to one's mental wellbeing, not to mention the physical. Hope she won't have to have a pacemaker. Hopefully they can get things stabilized. God bless

hi lisa!
thank you so much for keeping us informed of alicia's progress.
she must be so disappointed that these little stumbling blocks are getting in the way of
her going home sooner.... i remember it well!!!
hopefully they will be able take care of these ventricular beats withour using the pacemaker_
isn't amiodarone used for that too? i wonder if there are other meds she could take instead also.

please wish her all our best and remind her that she is in the right place to be taken care of
while all is still less than perfect.
she is in our thoughts and prayers.
-sylvia

Lisa:

My husband had PVS's post surgery. (premature ventricular contractions). We were told this was a common occurance with heart valve surgery. He was low in potassium, and after that was added to his IV, over the next 3-4 days, sure nuff the PVC's stopped. Sounds like they are on top of this though. BTW, we were also told that there is allways a chance of needing a pacemaker post surgery. While they are working on the valves, sometimes they mess up the electrical system a bit.

Marybeth

PS - Please give her our best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Back