Alicia Update Poss. Home Coming

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa45

Hey Everyone,

Sorry I didn't post last night but I was feeling pretty bad. Anyway, I did talk to Alicia last night for a long time and she was having more pain yesterday than the day before and up walking the halls. We talked until the doctor came in. They think she is really doing well so she may go home today. There hasn't been anymore talk of the pacemaker and I asked so unless something changes it sounds like things are going well. They were having a hard tme getting blood, they have a PICC line in but because of the Coumadin it is hard for them to get blood. That is al there is to say for now. Keep the good thoughs and prayers coming you know she will be back on the computer as soon as humanily possible and I saved all of your emails for her. Thank you again.

Love
Lisa

Lisa, if you should talk to her husband today, have him have the nurses really take the time and flush the PICC line thoroughly. I had 2 ports on mine and one was always a problem. The funny thing was when I got home, my wife and I flushed both ports on a regular schedule and we never had a problem again. It might be worth telling her husband, especially if she has to come home with the PICC still in. Drawing blood from them is a slow going process. A lot of the nurses get disgruntled because it isn't fast and doesn't fit in with the rest of their busy life of drawing and rounds.

It's good to hear that she's nearing discharge. I'm sure that brought a smile to her face. :)

Last edited:
To Ross

To Ross

Ross

Good information I will definately pass it on.

Lisa

Back