Alan is home

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

amy

I went to visit Alan at the hospital today, expecting him to be there until Tuesday or Wednesday. His coumidan levels have been good all day, so he was discharged. Tomorrow morning we will go to the cardiologist to check his levels.

Amy

Amy:

What a lovely surprise and gift you received to have your husband safely home.

Congratulations and best wishes for continued healing for him.
Tell him to be patient with his body and to take things at a very relaxed pace.

Goodness - that was quick. Congratulations to him - now the good part starts and he will be well(er) by leaps and bounds. We will see that Ross gets the good news as soon as he is able - he was quite concerned for you and will be happy to hear this. God bless

That's wonderful Amy. Recovery moves right along now. Make sure he follows all the rules ;-) and doesn't rush things too quickly!

Zipper

Great news, Amy! Best wishes for a rapid and uneventful recovery for Alan!
--John

YAY FOR ALAN!!!!!

YAY FOR ALAN!!!!!

HI AMY....SO GLAD TO HEAR ABOUT ALAN. I KNOW THE FEELING!! JUST REMEMBER, HE'LL SLEEP ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SO SHOULD YOU. YOU'VE BOTH BEEN THROUGH A MONTH OR SO OF HELL AND NOW IT'S TIME TO REST. I THINK I TOOK NAPS WITH TYCE EVERY DAY FOR ABOUT A WEEK WHILE HE WAS HOME AND HAVE SINCE DECIDED THAT NAPS ARE VERY GOOD.

IF HIS APPETITE IS OFF, DON'T WORRY, SO WAS TYCE'S FOR ABOUT A WEEK OR TEN DAYS. WHEN DOES HE GO BACK TO THE CARDIO FOR HIS FOLLOWUP?

I THINK THE BEST THING FOR TYCE WAS TAKING A SHOWER AFTER THE DAY AFTER HE GOT HOME!!!

IS HE PUT TOGETHER WITH GLUE OR STERISTRIPS? TYCE HAD THE STRIPS AND WAS TOLD TO TAKE THEM OFF AFTER A WEEK OR WAIT TILLTHEY FELL OFF. DID THEY GIVE HIM IODINE TO RUB ON THE INCISION MARK?

WE WILL NOW BE AT THE 5 WEEK POST OP MARK ON WEDNESDAY, AND WHILE HE STILL CAN'T DRIVE, HE'S GETTING GREAT AT DUSTING AND FOLDING CLOTHES FROM THE DRYER!!! WE TRY TO GET OUT EVERY DAY FOR A BIT, EVEN IF IT'S ONLY TO THE POST OFFICE. HE'S NOT YET READY FOR OUR USUAL WALKS ON THE BEACH WITH THE DOGS, BUT WE'RE GOING IN THAT DIRECTION.

ONE BIT OF ADVICE I WILL GIVE YOU IS TO WALK, WALK , WALK WALK, WALK, AND USE THAT SPIROMETER OFTEN, EVEN THOUGH IT HURTS. ALAN IS YOUNG AND WILL BOUNCE BACK QUICKLY.

SO VERY GLAD FOR BOTH OF YOU.

EVELYN AND TYCE

Amy and Alan - Great news for both of you. Being home is the best part of this adventure. I really enjoyed being away from work for about four weeks when I just had aches and pains, problems sleeping and appetitie problems. Those are so minor. Good luck with further recovery, enjoy the time off.

Alright Alan! Now comes the fun. Do your walking and that breathing machine. Both really help. I wish I had done more of both!

Try to eat right. But, eat what you feel like for a while because somethings just don't taste good after the surgery.

On to recovery!
-Mara

Dear Amy:

Hooray! Bravo! Well done!

That coming home I found I wee bit scary, but we did have a 2 hour drive to get home. O couldn't wait to get him into his t-shirt and loungewear, into that recliner. I think he slept for three hours upon arriving home.

Each day you will see an improvement......not really big, but improvement. Before you know it he will be as close to back to normal as you can get.

Best wishes to you both over the coming weeks. Remember to take a nap too! You deserve it!

Marybeth

Latest posts

Back