Accupril and Coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa in Katy

This is mostly for Al, but anyone else who knows is welcome! My last INR was 1.8, somewhat below the 3.0-3.5 they prefer. They asked if I was doing anything different and I said no. However, I remembered that I had recently started taking Accupril at the same time as Coumadin. I used to take it in the morning, but kept forgetting, and since I never forget Coumadin, I decided to take it at night. The Coumadin page doesn't say that there's any interaction, but has anyone experienced one, or Al, have you seen one?

If this isn't the answer, then it's probably the weather or the way I was holding my mouth that day!

Thanks.

Lisa

Lisa

They may have to either increase the coumadin or asprin that you take everyday. Mine does the same thing every once in a while. So just hang in there and everything will blance out.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aoeric valve replacement
St jude's vavle

My husband has been on Accupril and Coumadin for more than 10 years. His Accupril dose was recently increased. In all the time he's been using both drugs there have been no reactions or interactions. His doctor has had several people on both drugs for several years, all with no problems. I hope this helps. It's really scarey when you start a new medication.
Blanche

Latest posts

Back