a little QC

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhayley

Hi and does anyone know why I would test 2.1 on a strip from one box and then 2.7 on a strip from a different box? SCARY. Thats a bit of a difference. This test was perfomed within 5 hours of each other and following the second test with the new batch I then re tested immediately following with the first box of strips that gave me the 2.1 reading. That reading was 2.3 much closer in range to the first original test using a strip from that same box. Confused yet? I am. Now what? Thats dangerous to dose someone on such shakey and unreliable tests.

That is just the way it goes with INR testing. You should have tested immediately with one strip then the other, you let time go by and it's going to be quite different. The very same thing would happen at a lab!

imhayley said:
Hi and does anyone know why I would test 2.1 on a strip from one box and then 2.7 on a strip from a different box? SCARY. Thats a bit of a difference. This test was perfomed within 5 hours of each other and following the second test with the new batch I then re tested immediately following with the first box of strips that gave me the 2.1 reading. That reading was 2.3 much closer in range to the first original test using a strip from that same box. Confused yet? I am. Now what? Thats dangerous to dose someone on such shakey and unreliable tests.

Now you know Haley. This is not rocket science!

room temp is key

room temp is key

Well I decided to give these strips another test and they DID work and they worked well. I think since I was SO excited that UPS was bringing something to my door I forgot the rule of thumb and that is to let them get to room temp before using and it was a cold cold day.

Back