A Few More Pics from Germany - Neuschwanstein

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobThatsMe

Hi,

Susan requested that I post a few of my pics from my visit to the Neuschwanstein castle in Baveria.

The castle was built by crazy King Ludwig. There are actually 2 castles here,
Hohenschwangau, and Neuschwanstein, which is the one that is said to have been the model of which Walt Disney fashioned the Disney castle.
One side of the castle faces the valley with the famrlands and lake, while the other side of the castle is right on the edge of the Alps.

Also there is a giant gorge with a bridge called. "Marienbruke" . You can go out on this bridge to view the castle, although it is a bit of a walk to get there. The picture of the castle was taken by me from this bridge. I also took a picture of the bridge from one of the castle windows.

I tried using the "Album: feature in our profiles for you to see the pictures. Hope this works. If not, I shall repost individually.

Here is the link:
http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/album.php?albumid=16

Rob

Absolutely breathtaking views and what a perfect day it was for photo taking. I don't recall ever reading about the gorge or that amazing bridge. I first saw a photo of the castle over 20 years ago in a calendar and kept the calendar picture on our fridge for quite some long time. I still have it.

Thanks so much for sharing those fabulous shots, Rob :) .

Great pictures Rob.
A few places I would recommend should you get the chance is Ludwigs casle at Chemsee(spelling?). It sits on an island and is modeled after the Palace at Versaille France. Absolutely amazing.A little boat ride to get there.
Another is Garmisch to the top of the Zugspitz, highest mountain in Germany. Scary ride on the cable car but well worth it.
Also Berchesgaden. A special bus takes you up there. Hitler's Eagle Nest sits on top of that mountain.
Of course my first stop was the Hofbrau Haus in Munich. How those ladies carry several one litre mugs in each hand, I don't know. I sure wouldn't mess with them.
Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the tips. I am going to record them, and check out some trips to visit them.

I fly back over this Sunday for 2 weeks.

I hear ya about the Hofbrau Haus in Munich. I have been there a few times now... and also to their tent during Octoberfest! That was a crazy time!

I will keep you posted of my trips, especially of visiting the places you mentioned.

Thanks again,
Rob

Latest posts

Back