A bump in the road

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Suzanne Alami

Hi everyone,
Today I found out that my mother-in-law has Cdif for the fourth time since June! She is awaiting surgery for her mitral valve and this may set her back some. They are finally agreeing to give her Vancomycin. I hope it works this time. She got a good pulmonary bill of health, so it is just the Cdif that stands in her way. We are suppose to see the infectious disease doctors tomorrow to see what they think about going ahead with the operation. I will keep you posted.

Suzanne :(

That's a disappointment. Joe had C. Difficile diarrhea and it kept coming back for a couple of months. But it's finally gone away (keeping my fingers crossed). He was on Flagyl and still on Questran but Vancomycin is supposed to help the most, however, it's expensive, so they don't like to use it at first. Let us know what happens.

Suzanne - Welcome to the site and sorry to see your mother-in-law has problems. Having bad valves is bad enough. I am glad to see your mother is Nancy because you are way ahead of most. She is about the best person on this site and gives intelligent and meaningful advice. Since you are her daughter, she probably treats you even better.

hey bill,
how did you know that nancy is suzanne's mother? is that so?
i second what you said, nancy is one of the most important and supportive contributors here. the eternal advisor/cheerleader....
suzanne,
how lucky you are if she is your mother.
glad to have you among us, but so sorry your mother-in- law is having trouble. please keep us posted about her condition, ok?
all the best, sylvia

Hello Suzanne.....I haven't posted to you prior concerning Stony Brook and the Dr. K....you mentioned, but just wanted you to know that he operated on a friend of ours about the middle of June. We saw Ronnie today and he said that Dr. K. is the head of the cardio thoracic surgeons and does lots and lots of surgeries. While the hospital is a teaching hospital, and not, as you would say, the cadillac of hospitals, apparently he was treated very well there---of course it helped that his son is also a Dr. They have had problems in the past re incorrect meds, etc. He did have some afib and was there for 8 days, but he felt it was adequate. I hope that's ok and helps you out a bit.

Evelyn

For Noufissa

For Noufissa

Hi Suzanne, please pass this along to Noufissa.

Facing heart surgery is difficult for all of us, but as one of several hundred on this forum, I can tell you that the results are worth it.

I remember being surprised how much healthier I felt even one week after the operation.

It is frightening and facing the procedure creates a great deal of anxiety. It may be difficult to stay calm and relaxed, but remember that these procedures are very common these days and most people have very few complications.

I wish you my best wishes for a speedy recovery and many of us will be thinking of you on the day of your surgery.

Attitude is important and if you keep your spirits high, you will come through this difficult time and be able to enjoy every precious moment thereafter.

Know that there are a lot of people cheering you on and although few of us have ever met - we care about each other and that includes you.

Good luck and take good care of yourself.
Kev

Hi Suzanne - I posted to your mother-in-law yesterday (via you) and now can't find it. Guess it's out there in cyberspace someplace, because my ISP was doing some really strange things to all of its customers!

So will try again.

Noufissa - I am so sorry that you are in the hospital again. It must be very hard for you since you do not speak the English language. I pray that all will go well with you in coming weeks and months ahead. There are so many of us who send prayers for you every day. God bless and keep you safe during all of this. Ann

Latest posts

Back