8 week echo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lanna

Hi, everyone.

Had my first echo since leaving the hospital. Even thought I was feeling better, had 4 stiches open up at the bottom of my incision and got a staph infection set in. No upper body excercises at cardio rehab.

Well the results are there is trace regurg on the aortic valve, but the pulmonary is fine. ( with having the ross they are concerned about both valve. Blood pressure has been some concern lately and they have played with the meds. They mentioned that there where some areas that was still fuzzy/hard to see because of inflammation yet. Over all heart function was better than they expected, and left ventricle has even started to reduce in size. I will go for a TEE at 6 months post op.

I asked the surgeon about a strong thudding beat when I lay down, he told me because during surgery the fluid sac around the heart is affected, this is like a heart rub. Eventually this will diminish.

I am happy with the echo results, but I was shocked to realize being fixed does not mean there will not be a small regurg on the valve. I lived 30 years with moderate and 5 years with severe, I guess I will be happy with trace.

Take care and God bless, Lanna

February 26, 2002
Ross procedure
Dr. Paul Stelzer

Latest posts

Back