8-Months

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave M

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your posts on this sight. The info has been very helpful during my recovery.

It has now been eight months since my surgery. I had AVR, MV repair, and aortic root reconstruction. I was in surgery for about six hours! Considering all I had done, I think my recovery has gone well.

Most days I take a four mile walk and ride my stationary bike 10 miles. On warm days I do a little running with my walk (very slowly). My BP is good and my heart rate averages 65. My heart rate was about 120 for the first 10 days post-op before slowly dropping. I was on four meds before surgery. Now I only take Coumadin and a low dose of labetalol.

No physician can pinpoint what happened to me. I have no history of rheumatic fever and no sign of any autoimmune or connective tissue disorder. I have always had an active lifestyle with no restrictions.

I look forward to being a part of this forum. My prayer is that I can use my experience to help others face theirs.

Dave M.

AVR (St. Jude Mechanical), MR Repair, Aortic Root Reconstruction
07/17/01 Baptist Medical Center -- Little Rock, AR
Dr. Michael Bauer

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the site, and also very glad to hear that your recovery is going so well!

I am sure that you have some great information and experience to share with us all and will look forward to your posts.

Wishing you good health,

Rob

hi dave!
welcome to this wonderful and supportive site. glad to have you among us.
i'm so happy to hear that you are having an uneventful and smooth recovery.
please keep coming back and letting us know how you do.
be well,
sylvia

Latest posts

Back