3 month check-up today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekycat

Hi guys,

I had a very uneventful check-up today. The cardio said he thinks I'm 98% through this ordeal, or something to that effect.

He just listened to my heart etc. No echo, no x-ray, no nothing, took me off lisinopril, and said I should come back in a year!

Does that sound strange to you? Keep in mind, I didn't actually have a valve replacement, just a repair, but still, a year?

All he really told me to do was lose weight, well DUH! Doesn't he think I would if I could?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that things went well, I just thought they'd monitor things a little closer than that, especially since the heart had started to enlarge before surgery.

How long?

How long?

did your Cardiologist spend with you. I was just going to e-mail you to ask how the checkup went..Sounds like mine at 3 months. So the phone rang early athis morning and it was the Cardiologist office scheduling me for an echo this Friday. However, cannot see him until Oct. 1st...Sounded like she was doing this because I had asked for one...my heart was enlarged too..I just want to know if it has decreased. I think they will let you watch..I am going to ask her...because I doubt if I would hear from him. I read early on when I first came on Valvereplacement.com..You have to take control of your own life.:) If you are not confortable going a year. call back and make an appointment in a couple of months. TELL them you want to see the doctor again. Do it before the first of year. (deduction time again) Insurance. Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

He did actually spend a few minutes with me, (he was interrupted by another doctor that needed to talk to him, and left me to take a nap for a few minutes while he chatted with him) but he did answer my questions. I just forgot to ask about the enlarged heart thing.

This is the cardio I saw originally about a year ago, and was the one that told me about the MVP in the first place. When I reminded him that he said I might need surgery in 5-10 years, not 6 months, he replied, "That's why I don't play the stock market."

I asked him if I needed to stay on the Lisinopril, and he said, no, you don't need that. I then asked him about the baby aspirin, and he said I didn't need that either. He's not the one that put me on it though.

Oh well, I'll enjoy being drug-free for a month or so, before I have my next surgery in October.

My AVR was performed

My AVR was performed

4/11/00 at Cleveland Clinic and I was discharged with a children's aspirin scrip once a day.

The 4 month follow up was done by my cardiologist here in Pgh, PA and he said pretty much the same thing, see you next year.

It hasn't quite worked out that way after year two, with an A-fib event in June following my two year check up in May this year and some anxiety that either led to or was caused by PACs and PVCs of unusual duration.

And though my CCF cardiologist says, 'see you next year', my Pgh one changed it to six months due to the A-fib event, a slowing heart rate, and slightly dilated left atrium.

Barring any complications or worrisome arrhythmias, one year sounds right for a repair. I'd Consider it a blessing.

3 month check-up today

Hi,

Had my 2 1/2 month checkup today ..followed with a bycycle stress test which they said I was at 87 %. Obvious followup is 87% of what ??????

They also said it was obvious that I was doing my workouts and walking and there would be a followup meeting with the cardiac rehab people to talk about a followup program.

I asked about numbers but they said the cardiac rehab people would go over all that stuff when they set up a program for me.
The technician ( who I suspect was told not to say anything until the Drs. talked to me suggested I was in good shape>

jackc ( welland )

I had my mitral valve repair June 2001. I saw my cardio in Jan 2002, but only because I wrote him to remind him that he had told me I could discontinue taking warfin 6 months after my surgery. He told me in Jan 2002 that he would see me in a year. So, I guess he went to the same school as your cardio. I have found that letters do more good when communicating with the doctors office than telephone calls to the staff.

Best to you

Latest posts

Back