1 year post op - 10,000ft

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are an inspiration. I told my docs before I went into the OR that I wanted to climb to the top of Grand Teton in Wyoming next summer. I might scale back because I would need to train on rope climbing and that would be a little difficult with my rehab. So I decided one of Colorado's 14ers would be a good target. So Pikes Peak, or Longs Peak prepare to be conquered next summer.

So I decided one of Colorado's 14ers would be a good target. So Pikes Peak, or Longs Peak prepare to be conquered next summer.

That reminded me of a woman I corresponded with back in 1991-92. I forget her name now, haven't heard from her since. There was no internet to speak of and forums such as this were way off in the future but through a runners email list I managed to locate one other valver who had returned to running after VR.

Just one. I tried as hard as I could and that's all I could locate back then. Now look how many are here every day. I was very much in doubt as to what I could do and wondered if I'd ever get back to running my favorite 5-10-15k races. Every step I took was tentative and doing a single mile was cause for celebration. Then I got a note from this woman living in Colorado. She had been a marathoner before VR and about a year or two afterwards she went back and ran Pikes-frigging-Peak! Man, that told me all I needed to know.

You rock! I wish I'd read your thread earlier. Keep on going. You're a great inspiration to all of us :)

You are an inspiration. I told my docs before I went into the OR that I wanted to climb to the top of Grand Teton in Wyoming next summer. I might scale back because I would need to train on rope climbing and that would be a little difficult with my rehab. So I decided one of Colorado's 14ers would be a good target. So Pikes Peak, or Longs Peak prepare to be conquered next summer.

I climbed Longs Peaks about 10 years ago. It's an amazing hike and a lot less technical than the Tetons. Pikes Peak is also good, but you can drive to the top, so you might be disappointed with the huge souvenir shop and restaurant on the summit. Good luck with whatever peak you decide on.

Latest posts

Back