Where are you getting your supplies?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As many of you know, I've somehow wound up with a few meters - two or three (I think) XS and an XS Pro. When I compare the results, they are always within .1 of each other. Even a meter that my doctor said a patient left in the lab 'because it was too inaccurate' gave a good test result.

As far as labs being .4 below the meter - this is within the 20% acceptable result -- so, in effect, the results are equal. If your INR is high - probably 3.5 and above, your meter loses its accuracy - the results are slightly higher than they lab result - and the error increases the higher your INR is - it's a known issue. I suspect, though, that you keep your INR around 2.5, so a .4 difference with the lab shouldn't be seen as a major issue.]

I am pleased that I have found others with the same issues with self testing. Since 2007 I have been self testing and dosing and have had much success in managing my INR. After Ebay quit selling the strips I have been using SelfCareDepot and have been very pleased with the product and service. They even respond to my emails. I really don't want to have a service monitor my INR and am willing to pay to keep the freedom. After all these years I am better at managing my dosing that a doctor could.

Welcome to the forum TbirdZ2Maz!

I have been using SelfCareDepot and have been very pleased with the product and service.
Thanks for sharing this. I just checked out their website and their prices seem about what I was paying on Ebay- a little more than $5 per strip for the 24 count batch.

After all these years I am better at managing my dosing that a doctor could.
That is what I have found myself, and many others here who self manage have found this to be true as well. Just a heads up word of caution: We have 2 members on the forum who come out of the woodwork every few months and like to YELL at everyone that we are all just random internet people who don't know anything and only doctors understand INR management. So, brace yourself. But, hey, I'm just a random internet person, so what do I know? ;):)

Latest posts

Back