Valve Type ID card

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been a couple threads on them, but yes, beside the material most say what settings are safe for MRIs. i
ll see if i can find the last discusion on it. They are usually wallet sized
Usually you get one , a temp from the hospital /surgeon before discharge in all those papers,might have the info handwritten, but most valve companies (i thought before all, unless they didnt get the info from the surgeon/hospital, but looks like ON_X doesnt) follow up w/ with a printed card,

here is it , funny you asked about it then too http://www.valvereplacement.org/forums/showthread.php?39305-Valve-Cards&highlight=card

Yeah I did ask,,LOL, plus I never contacted ON-X so I'm way behind. I did follow up yesterday tho with the ON-x study and they might be able to get one for me.
I'll try and remember to bring it up next month on my visit. Now that I'm not so medicated maybe my memory will allow that ???

Brad

It is a good idea to have registration card for any mechanical valve, no matter who made it. It is used for accountability with the Federal Goverment. And when you move to another state or place in the same city, contact the manufacturer to make a change of address. That way they can keep up with your and the replacement in case of the need of recall.

For those who have Edwards Lifesciences valves - Their contact page on their web site does work. I emailed them last week, asking what had happened to my valve ID card after surgery last February. They were able to tell me when a card had been sent. When I sheepishly told them that the card must have been misplaced in the confusion of coming home form the hospital and asked them for a duplicate, the card was in my mailbox within days. These people have it together. (Of course, if they didn't have it together, we would be worried about much more than an ID card!)

I was given a card in my discharge pkg first time for Mitral Ring Second Time for ICD and in the mail got a card from Medic Alert ............I am now carryinhg two wallets

Hi Greg,

I know what you mean about the 2 wallets! If only I could get down to carrying only one insurance card, I could cut the weight in half.

I thought I would also suggest to folks that drive to place a Medical ID card in the visor of their car. I have done that for years. I keep one in my wallet, one on file with my wife, and one to my alternate emergency contact, and another in my car.

Rob

Latest posts

Back