Still in the hospital

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Andrea

Probably going home tomorrow. I just wanted to let you guys know about something they used for the first time in this hospital on me. Its called a 'q ball' or q pack. Its like a miricle! Heres the site on it.

http://www.askyoursurgeon.com/onqsolution.php

I have to be short as I am on the nurses pc but wantes to let you guys take a peak in case you hadnt heard of it yet. This surgery was totally different than the last one! Hell I dont need any special bras or button in the front shirts this time! I could have washed my own hair twhile I was in SICU if they had let me. This thing is going to change valve surgeries alot! As someone who has had one with and one without I could notice the huge change! Sorry if ya'll know about them already. I'll post more info when I get home (probably tomorrow)

Hey Andrea,
So glad to hear from you. It sounds like everything went Great for you. Looking forward to hearing more.
I am going to read about this new thing.
Take Care

You sound great!

You sound great!

Andrea,

I can't believe how sweet you are to think of everyone else after you've just come out of major surgery!! Of course you will have the attention of all of us "in the waiting room" as you finally get home and have more time to describe your "new" experience.

How wonderful that you should have become lucky with the "on Q" while you were somewhat unluckily revisiting your first replacement.

I haven't even had my first visit with a surgeon yet, but believe me, this option is now written in bold letters on my list of questions for him/her. Thank you very much for caring enough to post as soon as you could.

Wishing you the very best recovery. Keep up the good luck!!

Marguerite

Just great!

Just great!

Hi Andrea, I'm too very happy that this surgery is now behind you, and will be looking forward to hearing that you're finally back at home. By the way, what kind of valve have you got this time? I'll surely take a look at that article since I'll be needing a fourth surgery sooner or later. I wonder if this new thing will be of any use to me though. Take good care of yourself from now on!
Débora from Brazil

Andrea,
We've all been waiting for word from you. Thanks so much for popping in with the information. So nice to read you are doing well.

THANKS for the link to ON-Q Pain Relief Andrea !

That's incredible stuff.

Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Don't forget to spread the word about VR.com to the Doc's and Nurses. Patients need all the help they can get!

'AL'

Andrea,

SO glad to hear from you! You do sound great, as everyone else has said. I will be anxious to hear about this new procedure in doing heart surgeries.

Just so glad that all went well for you and you are on the road to recovery.

Take it easy and continue to heal -

Christina L.

Hi Andrea!
Glad to see you back after mountain climb #2 :)
Best wishes for an uneventful recovery at home!! :D

I'm happy to see you posting again Andrea, sounds llike things went well for you. That ON-Q device sounds like it may turn out to be a big leap in pain management. Not only will it keep you from being groggy, but you don't have to worry about becoming physically dependent on narcotics.

(I could use one of those things on my sternum right about now... :D)

Hi, Andrea,
It was so good to hear from you. I've had you in my thoughts over the last week. You're a true survivor having gone through this twice in such a short time. Take care.

Andrea

Andrea

Hey Sounds like you are doing great and that is fantastic that the 2nd surgery which you where unlucky enough to need went so well for you. Along with everyone else look forward to hearing more from you as you continue to recover!

Always,

Erica

I am sure you will be glad to be home. I am glad it all went great for you. Happy recovery at home
Bess

Andrea,
That is great news - hurray!
You are going to love the felling of being home - don't forget those breathing exercises :)
Jim

Hi guys! I'm home now - I had a bit of a hold up due to some gastrointestinal problems. Seems the meds ate up my stomach lining real bad and so my blood levels kept coming down.

I actually put on a tshirt to go home from the hospital in! The On Q was great but I can tell you it starts to wear off and you dont feel as good on the 6th post op day as you did the 3rd. My back and shoulders are very sore now but with the occasional percocet I'm fine. I washed my hair as soon as I got home which I couldnt do alone the last time.

I did actually spread the word about VR.com while I was in the hospital :D

Ray its so good to see you! We made it! YEAH! :D

Tell your hubby to warm up his hands and to MASSAGE those sore back, neck, and shoulder muscles. Works better than ANY pain med!

Glad to see you are home OK.

'AL'

Welcome Home Andrea!!! So great to hear that you are fine... Now its time to rest well ..:))

Latest posts

Back