pay no attention to my man boobs

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradvo

Here's my scar after around 9 days post op.
So far I have dropped 10 pounds, it is a start whether I wanted to or not .
Now that I have shed the first 10 I'm looking forward to the second 10.
I have needed to drop a couple bowling balls for a few years now anyway. :biggrin2:

I'm now 13 days out and it is started to itch more.

openheartsurgery003.jpg

Brad - Hang in there. The healing takes time, but it appears that you are on the right track. I do hope, however, that you have better luck with your weight loss goal than I. I lost about 12 lbs immediately post op, but have gained back that much and a few more. I think that some of it is added muscle mass, as I was not working out for the last 6-8 months before surgery, but even without that, my body seems to have its own version of "target weight."

Glad to see another brave soul exposing themselves in this here forum ;)
Very nice..Chick magnet material for sure !!

:eek2:

ha ha ha now that's funny :biggrin2:

The good news, I've dropped another 10 pounds. So I'm ready to reward myself this Turkey day :thumbup:

How come everyone else's surgeon lined up their drainage holes in a nice line, or nice curve? Mine were just whomped in anywhere, both times.
I thought those things would never close up, either.

Great job on losing weight bradvo---i was not as lucky----went from 220 down to 206 at surgery and climbed back to 225 all by myself.

Yeah, keeping it off is tough, I can tell my appetite is coming back, I did a weigh in this morning and I'm at 223 right out of the shower, not bad since I was at mid 240's pre surgery.
I keep telling myself it's OK to be hungry , considering I just went thru the T day dinner and kept even I'm pretty happy with that.
Smaller portions, smaller portions, smaller portions :thumbup:
I still need to drop another bowling ball. I saved pants from years back so my goal is to get back in them.
It's nice just to feel the belt going in , instead of out.
I also used to have 2 glasses of red wine each evening, so far I've avoided that , the longer I do the better chance I have at dropping weight.
I'm sure without this surgery I would not have been as motivated :redface2:

I think the weight "thing" is unique to each person. I was thrilled to have lost about 15 lbs. during the weeks immediately following surgery, but now at 9 months post-op, I'm back to almost exactly where I was before it all began. Such is life, but life is good!

Thanks to all who have shared their photos -post surgery.
I gained peace of mind about where I am headed in the next couple of months.
I also had quite a laugh about the comments of those who posted the photos and those who commented about them.
LOL THANKS!!!!!!!!:eek:

HEART OF THE SUNRISE-

Back