Is yours REAL or ARTIFICIAL? Freddie wants to know

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to decorating our (artificial, pre-lit) tree Monday night...after the doggy gift exchange. Jet and Tank are gonna love Xmas morning!
That's a camouflage can coozie on top.

oooooofffff......my new little dog (Dug) has just pushed me over trying to get at your tree! Do Jet and Tank need some company for Christmas?
:):):)

Mine is a artificial aluminum tree from the old, old, days. It took me a couple of years to find one that was still in good shape but nothing reminds me more of my childhood Christmas days than sitting in a dark room, watching the light from the rotating color wheel change the tree from red to blue to orange to green to silver to red to blue....ahhhhhh.

Faye:
My aunt had one like that, and I thought it was sooooo cool to see the tree change colors -- while we had a plain ol' vanilla live Christmas tree.

We have no tree -- too tempting to the cats, I fear.

Fred's requested a rerun of last year's Christmas tree thread. Here it is--with a twist.:D
Is your Christmas tree real or artificial?
Ours is real. Always has been, always will be!;):)

tree1.jpg

Nice tree Mary.

Due to travelling around Christmas and my deteriorating fatigue, we did not have a main big tree...I put up several small artifical decorative style on the stairs, around, and have beautiful candle trees that I spread around. I definitely have a real wreath, real christmas flowers, real green christmas branches in vases all over the house,,,enjoying the smel of pine tree branches
This year our decoration is less than any before, as my energy level has dropped way down since Thanksgiving, but the spirit is all over.

[/FONWe have not had a live christmas tree since we were all kids. Now mom and I have an artificial tree that is fiber optic. All you do with it is set it out and plug it in.:D

LettitiaT][COLOR="red"]
[/COLOR]

Due to the presence of rather large curious (as in curiosity killed the cat or is it curiosity makes us want to kill the cat) cats we haven't erected a live pine or spruce tree for a Christmas tree. Otherwise we may have availed ourselves of local access to local Sawtooth National Forest for cutting our own tree for a $5 fee. We have several mature (as in over 30 feet tall) evergreen trees in our front yard (two pines and one very spectacular blue spruce), and one very weird blue spruce that looks like an umbrella--I presume the central trunk was destroyed at some point about eight feet off the ground, and all of the 80 or so branches are fighting for supremacy. All of them grow out of a burl-like structure just a couple of feet over my head, with their bases almost touching one another. It stands only 20 feet tall, but spreads out 20 feet in each direction. It's quite healthy (trunk is 2 ft. in diameter and covered with hog wire to keep the goats at bay--they love spruce bark!). Due to the goats' thorough pruning, it makes an excellent shade tree--except again due to the goats (and associated behavior and smell of the buck :p ) we don't use it as such. Perhaps I'll take a picture of it and post it here sometime.

We currently use artificial trees for Christmas trees. The oldest one has been retired to a box--yet another thing to be donated to charity. Current one is called "pre-lit", meaning that the Christmas lights are already attached to the branches, and plugs together in three sections. We place it on a wooden rectangular stool and use bungee cords to secure it against easy knockdowns by the cats. We also try pet repellent sprays, but they only work for a little bit. We got the tree up Christmas Eve. It typically stays up until the end of February, though last year the tree stayed up until April. By then I was strong enough to lift the sealed boxes back onto their storage shelves in our garage.

Downstairs, we have a Christmas tree we've had up since last year. Its needles are reflection diffraction grating (rainbow reflections) and have ornaments made up of wood with sparkles, ornaments made of little mirrors, and glass ones. KC our son has taken to it as a sort of bright night-light. We often say that his nightlight is "lit up like a Christmas tree." :D It's sort of funny (though annoying at times) that we lately have woken up to it being turned on at all hours of the night. It lights up the entire basement (all the Christmas lights on it are tiny clear bulbs--about 100 of them), and we turn it off, only to have it back on again by morning. He has his own dimmer nightlight in his room, but lately has taken to this. It's been up for over a year, but his lighting it has only been a problem for the past month. I hauled it downstairs two days before my mitral valve blew up 12/7/07, and set it up. It has been there since. We may just leave it there, though I get very tempted to remove the extension cord with the floor button, so it won't be on all the time.

Chris

Latest posts

Back