INR Range 2.7-3.0

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lance

I hope this isn't a double post.

Person claims their INR target range is 2.7-3.0, they test once a month at the lab and are always in range.

With a .3 tolerance do you think this is possible?

Nothing is totally impossible but I would call this HIGHLY doubtful.

I've been 3.0 the last 3 tests. :eek: Rather out-of-character for me. I'm wondering when someone reports that their range is 2.7-3.0 if their doctor isn't just telling them that those are the INR's they'd like to see in a range of 2-3. My cardio tells me she'd like me to stay between 3 and 3.5, but she knows the range for an MVR is 2.5-3.5.

Yes, it is very possible to stay in range for extended periods. I used to think that they were just trying to shut me up and say my INR was always good.

I am consistently in the 2.7--3.00 range. Until last summer when I pigged out too many times on some rhubarb pie, kiwis, raspberries, etc., then I went down to 2.4
Now, being end of winter, no good fruits....I have crept up to 3.2

Hubby bought me broccoli and rhubarb pie for a treat:D

Getting the same INR 3 times in a row seems to happen about as often as you get three of the same thing on a slot machine.

allodwick said:
Getting the same INR 3 times in a row seems to happen about as often as you get three of the same thing on a slot machine.

So you're saying I should go to Vegas????:D

Interestingly, the PT # was different each time, I don't remember one (and am too lazy to go check the memory on my INRatio) but last night it was 30.2 and last time it was 29.8.

I checked my husband last night since I hadn't done his INR on my INRatio. It was .9

Actually going Vegas is probably not a good idea, since you already beat the odds.

lance said:
I hope this isn't a double post.

Person claims their INR target range is 2.7-3.0, they test once a month at the lab and are always in range.

With a .3 tolerance do you think this is possible?
B.S., A test varies that much and more, ain't buyin what their sellin.

I have had 3 .0 several times twice in a row..Don't remember 3 times..I am always above the 3.0..Range 2.5-3.5..sometimes a little above the 3.5...Never change my doseage..just eat more greens. :D Al I have a question..why do I never test below 3.0?..I cannot remember testing below 3.0 in years..and it will be 5 years March 25th..for my AVR..on warfarin...:) I eat greens most everyday..Guess it is because I have the same helpings..Bonnie

Granbonny said:
why do I never test below 3.0?..I cannot remember testing below 3.0 in years..and it will be 5 years March 25th..for my AVR..on warfarin...:)

Because you live a sin-free life and never think an evil thought?:D

I thought I better check back on my calendar to be sure:

2006 Jan-Dec Lab results:

2.9 3.0 2.6 2.7 2.7 2.7 2.4 3.2 3.1 2.8 3.0 2.9

2007 Jan-Feb 3.2 3.4

I think I'm always in range because I have such a boring life; no smoking, no drinking, no partying, no restaurants.....but let me tell you that my fantasies involve an "all you can eat" salad bar with no consequences:)

Why is that a fantasy? It can be reality. If you do it once in a while, nothing is going to happen. If you do it everyday, you may have to adjust your dose a bit, but there is no reason you can't do it.

I'm sure you are on the right track; I'm a ways behind you and kind of slow, but I'll get there....I hate to fiddle with my coumadin dose.

Okay, new fantasy: studly, muscular men serving the "all you can eat bar":D

Bina said:

Can I go to your salad bar too!!!!:D

Ross is right, enjoy salads. Enjoy whatever you want. Food really doesn't have that much of an effect on your INR. You won't hit the salad bar one night with an INR of 2.7 and find that the next time you test it's 1.8.

Bina said:
I'm sure you are on the right track; I'm a ways behind you and kind of slow, but I'll get there....I hate to fiddle with my coumadin dose.

Maybe 20 years ago when I unloaded trucks and was buff. Not today though.:(

Two weeks ago marked one year with my new valve. I test once a month and have only been below 2.5 once and never over 3.2. I eat what I want and it does not seem to make much diff. Maybe I am just lucky and then again it could all go to hell tomorrow.

Tom

don't give up salads just yet

don't give up salads just yet

I think Ross's advice to adjust the dose, not the diet is a good one. I eat whatever I want, drink wine and have kept within my 2.5-3.5 range for months now.

I'm throwing the thread off track and I didn't mean too. Let me just say this, when I first started Coumadin, I blindly followed the advice given to me by those that supposedly were in the know. Heck, they even had me shaving with an electric razor for fear of cutting myself. I sat and tried to measure out the exact amount of Vit K I'd have for each meal and it didn't take long to figure out that all of this was total hogwash. If you really want to drive yourself insane, measure the amount of Vit K you eat for each meal and try, KEYWORD TRY, to maintain your INR. It's not likely going to happen. Throw all that old mythology based crap out the window and do it right. You'll be amazed at how little food affects your INR. Oh yeah, I use a RAZOR to shave with now, cut myself nearly everytime and I haven't bled to death yet.

Nathan was 2.6 so often for the last year, I was beginning to worry that the INRatio was stuck :) He cut back on BP meds and his INR fell, then we started to eat alot of soy products and he went up and down and then he skipped a Warfarin dose and yup he fell and stayed low out of range.

Nathan never quit using his razor :)

I'm throwing the thread off track and I didn't mean too. Let me just say this, when I first started Coumadin, I blindly followed the advice given to me by those that supposedly were in the know. Heck, they even had me shaving with an electric razor for fear of cutting myself. I sat and tried to measure out the exact amount of Vit K I'd have for each meal and it didn't take long to figure out that all of this was total hogwash. If you really want to drive yourself insane, measure the amount of Vit K you eat for each meal and try, KEYWORD TRY, to maintain your INR. It's not likely going to happen. Throw all that old mythology based crap out the window and do it right. You'll be amazed at how little food affects your INR. Oh yeah, I use a RAZOR to shave with now, cut myself nearly everytime and I haven't bled to death yet.
U rok)

Latest posts

Back