Question on symptoms...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for reply

Thanks for reply

Hey Evelyn - The definition I was using was Webster's and he says Valid - "being at once relevant and meaningful" I agree with you that our symptoms are certainly valid to ourselves. I was only trying to say that other than the big three symptoms, our own symptoms probably are probably not relevant to someone else. As you know, it is confusing enough to be diagnosed with a heart problem. I was only putting in an opinion that we don't need to add to the confusion by bombarding a new patient with too many possible symptoms. it's sorta like the data sheets on the drugs we take. If you believed all the possible side effects might happen to you, then you would never take the drug in the first place. It's only an opinion, and the counter opinion would be that every newcomer to the site should get huge lists of possible symptoms. I don't know-seems like the doctors should be dealing with this one more proactively than web site members. I'm open for counter arguments, however. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my communiction. By the waY, is that a Springer Spaniel ? Chris

Hi Scott

Hi Scott

Precious little child there you are holding in your arms:) :) :) Boy or girl?..You only have 11 more days before you see the Cardio to tell you what your echo said..Just try to relax and not worry..If he thinks you need a heart cath done..it will tell him everything about your heart. Don't worry about that either....You will be sedated a little..and will have to lay flat for a few hours..then up and home. You will have a pretty blue leg for a few days:p :p :p I am age 62..coming up one year, March 25th since I had my open-heart surgery for an aneurysm..They found it after 3 months looking for another mild problem I was having..:p I am doing great..Spent the entire day with my age 10 year old grandson yesterday..Hiking and bowling...also, my age 33 year old son (who is in law-enforcement was having chest pains a few months ago)Decided to go to ER..(He had worked at ER for 12 years with his prisoners)Scared Mama to death..but they took him right back..ran all the tests because of my history..and told him..JUST stress..After Mama got through talking to him about everything (You never wean your children):D :D :D :D He is now relaxed about his little problems. :D Sorry I am rambling but just wanted to tell you not to worry..You will be fine.:) :) :) Let us hear from you after your cardio visit. Bonnie

Knock it off people!
The choice of words were not correct, because I was left with the same impression when I read the post yesterday. (No matter what websters dictionary says.) On the other hand; if your going to critique harshly someones post, then have the decency to do it in private.
I am relatively new on this site, and their is a wealth of information and support; and how great that so many people respond. Sure, it may not all be relevant to me, but just maybe someone will remark about just one symptom, and a light turns on and you say, "Yea, that's what happens to me!"
Go ahead and correct my punctuation and spelling if you would like; just send it to me in private.

nuff said

nuff said

the fact we can have differences of opinion is what makes the US such a great country. Chris

Thanks for all the replies! I have my appt with the cardio on Friday but I know he'll say ..."lets run some more tests..." so I will have to wait a little longer. But that's OK. I'm pretty patient:D

Oh, and that's my "little guy" Jacob in the photo with me. He's 6 tomorrow and tells me I'm his best friend!!! :)

Latest posts

Back