New BAV dx and super scared :(

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now now Pel, where would those celebrities spend their $ if it wasn't for scientology (yes I used a small "s") ?
Well, if one thinks of money as an inflammation, then there should be some "drainage pipe" service to help. [Just a fantasy, not a "theory".]

I see you are a nurse. ....Could you also use your network to find the best cardiologist and the best surgeon in your area?
I think that's a very good idea, if feasible. I recall in the hospital the nurses seemed to have an idea about the surgeons. (They wouldn't discuss them, of course. But there was sort of "registration"/recognition moment when a name is mentioned.) Which makes sense, since the nurses have to deal with the side effects.

Thanks so much. I hope so. If not, I’m trying to prepare. Does anyone have thoughts on how hard it is to actually get an appointment with a top surgeon in my area? Is it impossible? Do I need to be a celebrity? Like what’s the deal? There’s great surgeons I’ve researched but I assume they’re unattainable and that’s got me really discouraged.
It's hard to research surgeons to any great extent.

I chose the hospital, one of two in town. My cardio contacted the hospital and I was given the first surgeon in the queue. I didn't have any complications, so I didn't need special skills beyond basic AVR. I looked into my surgeon's history with the state medical board, talked to him twice, liked the fact he participated in clinical trials and asked my cardiologist and PCP if the guy was on the level. I asked the surgeon what was his success rate and how many operations he did a year. He said he didn't count, but ~150 year and with no complications for someone like me. His problem surgeries were those where the patient had several comorbidities such as old age. That's why he was participating in the TAVR trial. All worked out fine.

Reactions: V__

Latest posts

Back