My latest Chicago Trip

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa45

Hey guys,
Frankly I am burned out at the moment. I appreciate all that you have done for my sister and I in sending the cards, there were a ton!
I am trying to get her to grief therapy she needs to talk to someone on a regular basis to deal with her fears.
I appreciate all the kind words of encouragement. Here is the update just so you know.
We go to Lubbock on Friday for Fathers day weekend....Can?t believe I have to get on another plane, (read below and you will understand) but Jodi our daughter is so looking forward to it and so is Randy my husband, so here I go!
Here is the update just so you know.
Debbie got out of the hospital Monday late afternoon. She needs to go back to the oral surgeon tomorrow as they think that is what is causing the constant infection and nausea. They pretty much did everything that they could do for her in the hospital and they was a tiring experience. I was glad to be able to give my brother in law a break. She still needs all the staples out from the Gallbladder surgery.
Randy and I are deciding depending on how she does the rest of the week whether I should drive up and stay with her for a few months or not.
The situation is a difficult one as Debbie was born with a scar on her brain and was in special education all her life. She needs to be handled carefully or else (as the nurses and doctors have found out) she goes into a massive rage. She was talking about being ready to die etc.. Which only upsets everyone, and is not like her to talk that way, she is usually very positive. From the minute I got there she calmed down and seemed a lot happier. I think she thinks I am now mom.
Long story short I made sure she had everything she needs including caregivers which I told her Randy and I would pay for but she won't hear of it. She doesn't do well with strangers. She can become very loud and agitated, screaming at them and even violent. I suggested she move all her necessary things (Randy and I would pay for a mover) and move them to the first floor so she only has to walk up the stairs one time a day to go to bed. Well, that was a bad idea! She doesn?t tolerate change well. I sure caught heck for that one! So that is not going to happen.
Needless to say she knew I had to fly home Tuesday and she started to get really upset. I had a long talk with her, we talked about her fears and concerns and even made a plan for her on the computer so she has something to do when I am gone. I even took her to Hobby Lobby to find a hobby of some sort. I told her she can't sit in that chair day after day and watch TV. Because that is existing not living. So I bought her colored pencils and some pastels and clayboard with a design on it already and she really loved that! It helps her so much to have people on the board to talk to. She feels like they are her best friends.
The doctors opinion is that her system is starting to shut down and there isn't anything more they can do. I think that on some level she understands that, but on another level it doesn't seem real and she gets very very angry and fearful when she thinks about it.
This is where is gets really good!
So I left her house took a shuttle from her house to Midway Airport and that cost $52.00 an hour or so ride.
Left at 1:00 to get there because it is an hour and half ride and I have to be there 2 hours before the flight.
For a 4:21 flight to Dallas.
1. Boarded no problem except there were no carts available so I had to carry all my stuff 2 miles because they changed terminals.
2. Boarded and sat on the run way for 1 hour when they announced they were having mechanical problems. The pilot said ?In 8 years flying this plane he has never seen this type of problem.? So maintenance was coming over to see what they could do but we could not leave the plane. Another 30 minutes go by and they come on and say that it can not be fixed so they are going to taxi back to the gate and let us out to make other arrangements.
3. There was another flight at 6pm taking off out of the same gate but there were only 5 seats left on that flight and the 5 people in first class got them.
4. Then they told us that there were no other flights going to Dallas out of Midway that night and that they would have to take us to O'Hare.
5. I was 5 minutes from O'Hare to start with at my sisters when I paid the 50.00 to the shuttle to get to Midway.
6. So they put us on a shuttle at 6:30 rush hour in Chicago to get to O'Hare, roughly normally with good traffic an hour ride.
7. This guy flew!!!
8. We got to O'Hare at 7:50 had to board at 8 and had to recheck everything so we all thought (there was a group of us that hung out together from the bad Midway flight.)
9. Well, we finally get to O'Hare and they tell us there is bad weather out of the Midwest so our plane due to take off at 8:30 was now pushed back to 8:45, (they gave us no meal vouchers either.)
10. So, a group of us went to get something to eat and came back to find out that the plane was now in a holding pattern because the wheather was so bad and now the flight was pushed back to 9:00, then 9:15 then 9:30 etc...
11. Finally landed in Dallas at 11:40 and I am happy to say ?If I never see an airport again, it will be too soon!?
Sorry for rambling but the truth is stanger than fiction for sure.
Thanks again.
Lisa

Flying is fun

Flying is fun

Lisa - I used to travel a lot and hated it. I really hated it when my suitcase came back from vacation with a better suntan than me.

Back