Insurance coverage codes.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

geebee

I am trying to "pre-qualify" myself for the home testing supplies with my insurance company. Does anyone know the procedure code for the home testing machine and supplies? The insurance company says they can't tell me if it;s covered without a procedure code. I tried emailing the company that sells the machines but I haven't heard back. Is this something I need to get from my doctor? I haven't talked to him yet about home testing because I figured if the insurance wouldn't pay, there was no point in trying to "sell" him if I needed to.

Also, is this usually covered by regular health coverage or prescription coverage? My company has seperate companies for each.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gina

Hey Gina,
The best thing to do is at the top of the page there is a QAS banner, click on support and it will take you to the Getting Started Documents that most insurance companies will require from you and your doctor. QAS works with your insurance company once they get the paperwork from you.
If you still need more info you can call Lance at QAS, at 1-800-298-4515 ext.2865, he will be more than happy to help you out.
I hope this helps you out.
Take Care

Codes

Codes

Hello,

The code that is used for billing private insurance companies is E 1399, and it falls under Durable Medical Equipment. If you have Medicare, and a mechanical heart valve, new G codes are now in effect. Please give me a call at your nearest convenience to discuss in greater detail. Thanks!

Lance

Latest posts

Back