I'm back

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave5Baseball

Hello everybody. I just got back from the hospital. I made it through with flying colors. I had the homograft valve put in on Friday. Spent Friday night in the ICU and was up walking on cardiac floor on Saturday afternoon. It's amazing how good jello and aplle juice taste! Last night I am laying in bed and just sweating up a storm. I get up to use the washroom and my roommate had cranked the heat to 85!!! Are you insane I wanted to yell, but obviously couldn't so I just turned it down to 70. Slept okay, besides being woken for a weight check at 2:00 a.m. We'll see how the rest of recovery goes. I feel good so far though.

P.S. Donna it's good to see you are doing well. Let me know how it all goes, we should be on similiar paths.

Dave:p

GREAT NEWS, Dave!!

Congratulations on your new fixed up heart and sounding so wonderful. I'm very happy for you.

Congratulations Dave,
It sounds like you are doing very well and recovering fast.:D

Dave,

Great to have you back! I have thought about you lots and it sounds like things went well for you. Yes, I think our recovery is pretty much uneventful at this time. Hope it stays that way.

Donna

You Sound Great!

You Sound Great!

Hi Dave!
It's good to hear that your surgery is now over and you are home. You sound wonderful. I hope that the rest of your recovery is noneventful and you have smooth sailing the rest of the way. Keep us posted.

Take Care!
Gail

Hey Dave - wow, two home in one day. You and Donna - and both posting! Such great news. You just rest and get better and keep us posted on things. Sounds like you have done very, very well. God bless

Well now, I'm impressed. Soon you'll be getting ready for the baseball season. Good luck and remain in good health! :D

great news

great news

Hi Dave,

so glad to hear that things are going well. Take your time recovering but make sure you get walking as soon as you can, weather permitting! You'll feel great in no time.

Simon

Welcome Back

Welcome Back

Great news, Dave! Sounds like things went very well. Take good care of yourself. BTW - be careful w/ those holiday visits; don't let anybody infect you with a cold during these next few weeks!

Hi Dave

Hi Dave

Glad to see you back home..Remember to walk around the house several times a day(inside):D Don't get too tired..the Holidays will bring extra guests so do be careful..Take lots of naps...Bonnie

hi dave,

what a good report. I was surprised to see that you were up and about the next day. I wonder if that is the norm or are you an exception. best to you for continued success toward normal activities.
I really had a good laugh about the temperature. I could almost imagine your thoughts. "85, my god, no wonder i'm sweating up a storm.":D

hi dave!
you sound great! i 'm so glad to see that you are home and well on your way
to recovery. please try and take it easy, get your rest and walk, breathe but don't
do too much.
wishing you a speedy, smooth recovery.
-sylvia

What a good report! Congratulations to you, Dave. I hope things continue down the same path you're now on!

Congradulations

Congradulations

Great to hear your back. I'm so glad to hear that things went so well. Take the time to recover completely and don't jump the gun. Your body went through alot and no matter how good you feel use moderation. I'm sure you will have much to post in teh upcoming weeks. Peggy

Back