Drug interactions and Coumadin?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy

Hey guys, I have a sort of serious question for you all. I have this HORRIBLE migraine today, and I was prescribed midrin(which has acetometophen in it) for my migraines. The problem is, I was prescribed this BEFORE I started taking Coumadin. I am not going to take anything until I get a good answer that I trust, but it's hard to function, when my head feels like it is going to fall off when I stand up, and I feel nauseated. I am also on penicillin VK 500MG 3x per day for an ear infection, and I am on 25mg of metoprolol to keep my heart rate down. My therapuetic range is between 2.0-3.0, and yesterday when I had it checked it was at 3.64, so it's already high. I am just going to bed tonight so this thing will go away, but for the future?

Looking at Midrins site, it contains 325mg of acetaminophen which is the same amount as some of the low strength tablets. How is it prescribed or how often and how many do you have to take?

I don't think its an issue, but I suppose we better wait for Al on this one. Your INR isn't really high, out of your normal range maybe but nothing that can't be knocked down very easily.

If you follow the maximum recommended dose on the Midrin, you should not get enough acetaminophen to make any difference.

Latest posts

Back