Blissfully unaware

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

monker

Ya gotta love this story.

A scientific adviser to the United States government has suggested that secrecy might be the best option if scientists were to discover that a giant asteroid was on course to collide with Earth.

In certain circumstances.....it would be best not to tell the public anything, said Geoffrey Sommer, of the Rand Corporation in Santa Monica, California. "If an extinction-type impact is inevitable, then ignorance for the populace is bliss......he said.

"There are.........many things out there that we know nothing about," he said.

In light of everything I've seen since this new terror threat increase, telling the general population probably would be a bad idea. We've got people wrapping their entire houses in plastic and duct tape. I'm still waiting to see someone get asphyxiated or worse from carbon monoxide poisoning because these people are so brain dead that they're wrapping everything shut. I need to start a rumor where all the money from the sales of plastic and duct tape, floods into my house!

We are all mushrooms, the keep us in the dark and cover us with poop. :D

' Tis folly to be wise.

' Tis folly to be wise.

Hey, the poet said it!

Why should they know their fate,
Since sorrow never comes too late,
And happiness too swiftly flies?
Thought would destroy their paradise.
.......where ignorance is bliss.
'Tis folly to be wise.

Latest posts

Back