bicuspid aorta valve and enlarging aorta in Denver

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

blauer

I am 61 and otherwise in good health. I have a bicuspid aorta valve that isn't leaking very bad yet. But my aorta is enlarging and is now 4.7. I may need surgery. I live in Denver, Colorado. Is there a good aorta surgery center in the Denver area? Do you know the names of good surgeons? Is it possible to do this surgery with a robotic technique?

Thanks for the tips.
Bill

Thanks for the message

Thanks for the message

I'll send Rob a message. Bill

Fyrfytr (Dave) lives in Sterling, CO, but I think he had his BAV and aorta repaired in Denver. I know Buzz Lanning did too.
I think fyrfytr's story is on the front page of the site, but if you send him a pm, I'm sure he will have some answers.
I'm glad you joined us, but wish it were under better circumstances.:)

I am 61 and otherwise in good health.

Bill, PM sent. The otherwise in good health element of your condition makes a big difference in recovery time from what I have learned on this forum. I don't know much about robotic procedures, my surgeon had his hands in their up to his elbows I think. Dr. Douthit and his partner have pioneered minimally invasive valve replacements, but since I had a couple of bypasses, they could not use that surgical method. As I mentioned in my message, the support team (vascular surgeon, heart lung, anesthesiologist, etc) adds to the comfort level that you have going into this. Boulder Community Hospital was a great experience for me.

Good luck. . . I am doing just fine and will be going in for my six week checkup with my surgeon tomorrow afternoon.

Latest posts

Back