Atrial Fibrilation

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
resurrection

resurrection

Nancy
Thanks for the re-read! Funny, I wrote something about the Magnesium thing over a year ago, and was barely tolerating 400 mg a day, in divided doses. I now take 400 mg am and pm, and have fewer arrythmias than ever. Of course, I had another EP with ablation done in June, with implant of a pacemaker.... but still the benign arrythmias are FAR less bothersome!

I really feel that the Magnesium does more good than any of the anti-arrythmics ever did. I have been on Norpace, Corgard, Inderal (for years!), Lanoxin, Dilantin (believe it!), you name it. Now Im on Toprol and Mg for arrythmia's and thats it. It is working for me.

Someone mentioned the vision thing, in connection with Amio. I have not taken Amio, but I am having a terrible vision problem. I keep thinking my glasses are off, but now Im beginning to wonder. I have had three TIA's in the last 6 months, and wonder if that is it. Phew, it is frustrating!
mindy

mindy,
is that 400mg magnesium in the morning and another 400 in the evening? totalling 800?
i just started urging joey to take magnesium a few weeks ago when he thought he was backin afib (it was skipped beats). ironically, we're not sure if magnesium would actually work that fast but he did stop having the irregular beats after that.
is there a range of it that patients should take, for instance, between 300 and 800 mg?
thanks for the info. stay well, sylvia

I read the recommendation of 1000 mg per day on magnesium, and I started there. It worked very quickly at eliminating arrhythmia.
I've since reduced my dosage to 500 mg a day.
I found that the important ingredient was magnesium gluconate; the magnesium that didn't have that didn't work.

Janie, if you are out there, I know you may have some input on the magnesium question. I am sure I recall you talking long and hard about it about a year or so ago. Might be nice to hear it again.

hey ann,
you're right. i recall just reading something janie wrote about magnesium... we sure could use her input now!!! i'm sure she'll be along soon..
hope all is well down in your neck of the woods.
be well, sylvia

Latest posts

Back