Anyone near Virginia, USA with a CoaguSense machine?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggie85

I'm posting this in both forums to reach the most people.
I'm having trouble at the Anti-coagulation (AC) Clinic with the POC machines not reading my INR correctly. (There's a pretty extensive thread already going on the Anticoagulation forum about this.) short version is POC machines keep reading my INR much higher than the Vein blood draws do.

Example: POC reads 6.7 while Vein Blood draw done 15 min later, reads 3.2 (I don't remember if those were my actual correlated numbers, but they'd be like that; one WAAAY over range and one nicely in or near range.)

Some of the replies have stated that the CoaguSense machine processes the blood differently than the CoaguCheck machines used at the AC Clinic.

Is there anyone anywhere near Virginia that has a CoaguSense home machine that is willing to let me try seeing what it reads as an INR on me? I live in the DC, Northern Va area, but am willing to drive to you or meet you somewhere as would be best for you.

You can PM or reply here if any information or able to help.

Thanks, Linda

Back