Anyone have headaches?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tess

Hi. My best friend had an artificial valve in January 02, together with a portion of her aorta replaced. She was on beta-blockers which slowed her heart rate so far that she was having dizziness and fainting. She is now off the betablockers and has had headaches that did come and go, are now pretty steady, and become reallly agonizing during exercise or exertion. Has anyone else had this experience?

Hello and welcome to VR.com. I think you will find a wealth of information on the site.

In answer to your question regarding headaches....yes, I have them. They have been few and far between since I have been placed on the beta blocker. But still do exist. In my case, they seem to be driven by hormonal factors. Though, a few other members here will tell you they experience the same.

I feel it is an unexplained phenomenon side effect of valve surgery. I have had all of the neurological tests. Did not turn up a thing. Your friend may want to think about further testing to rule out other causes.

Last edited:
Tess,
It's like Gina said, we get them but no doctor has been able to explain them.
I had my surgery in '96 and never had headaches before but now I get migraines fairly often.
It's just something I've learned to live with.

Latest posts

Back