Zipper2 Update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamela

Hi everyone. I spoke with Zipper today and shared her disappointment that she's still in the hospital. Apparently her INR was too high for them to risk the pacer wire removal. Until they get the numbers down to a safer level Deb can't go home. She's more than ready and is only recently feeling discontented about remaining in the facility in Edmonton.

Her water weight gain was incredible while her surgeon was away. He was very unhappy with the management staff to learn that she was still in the step-down unit for lack of a bed on the ward. He got on the phone and with his influence and righteous fury << ;) I exaggerate; Deb was finally moved to the ward. She's been walking and moving quite well with very little pain over the past couple of days and managed to start dropping some of the sixty pounds she has been expected to carry around :eek:.

Her Afib is under control and they really expect her heart to convert on its own once it's had a chance to get stronger.

So, D&D are very much looking forward to getting home and being able to reassure the family that she really is doing as well as they say. It's pretty tough to be convincing about your good health when you're still in hospital. I'm calling the ward tomorrow to see if Deb's up and about. Hopefully her number will be down enough that the wires can be removed and she and her DH can start the drive home.

Take Heart, Zipper sends her appreciation and affection to you all.
Pamela

P.S. She's very happy to hear that all of her surgery mates are doing well, too. She'll be joining us online as soon as it's possible.

Well isn't that a bummer.........unreal.

I do pray that her INR comes down and they can head home soon.

Thanks for keeping us informed Pamela

Thanks for the update- hope to hear that she is headed home soon!

Deb is better off being in the hospital a bit longer and getting the glitches taken care of.
My stay was 16 days, which was fine by me....hubby was tired of driving back and forth though. ;)

And if only they knew how to dose Coumadin properly, it wouldn't be high to begin with. I'm so hoping sometime in my lifetime that these people all get on the same page.

I spoke with Deb about an hour ago and she must be feeling better since she's homesick. Her INR was at 1.9 today so she insisted they find the resident and get the wires out. She and Dale were set to start the drive home around 3 pm but.... <sigh> Dr Modry needs an echo before he releases her into the wilds of Saskatchewan. Unfortunately that means she won't be home until Monday afternoon at the earliest and she doesn't recommend anyone gamble on that, just yet.

So, keep pulling for her and I'll make sure she hears how much you all care about her.

Take Heart and thanks, friends,
Pamela.

Thanks so much for the recent update Pamela. I hope Deb can come home soon. But rather have everything taken care of so she won't have to go back. Tell her she is missed and in my thoughts and prayers.
When she gets home we will all do the "Happy Dance".:D

I spent 3 weeks in the hospital 1 week before and 2 weeks after. I wanted to go home sooooo bad, but I really feel it was a blessing because that way I was at least another week up on my recovery before I went home. Over all the bumps and able to get on with life.

Back