Why men started wearing earrings

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When my daughter was younger and asked to get her belly button pierced, I said, "Sure, let's both go do that. Then we can walk around the mall and show them off." She was mortified. It worked to put off the inevitable for a number of years, but for her 17th birthday, I took her to one of the local tattoo places, signed the form, and watched while they did it. While we were waiting, we looked through a photo album of tattoos and piercings. There weren't any Prince Alberts, but quite a few Princess Albertas (or whatever the proper term would be). The photographs were close up and just not a pretty picture, IMO.

Well earrings don't sound too bad, at least not compared to the pantyhose I must wear ever since my wife found them in my car:eek:

Sailors used to wear an earring so the earring could be used to pay for funeral expenses and the like-no, I'm not kidding. I guess the same could be said if your wife finds the owner of the other earring! She'll use the one you have to pay your funeral expenses, too!

Sweltering in Idaho,
-Laura

not all men can pull it off.

not all men can pull it off.

jons got four earings, all are hoops and i think they are hot!

anyways, so with the aortic replacement are you not supposed to get any additional tattoos or piercings?

anyways, so with the aortic replacement are you not supposed to get any additional tattoos or piercings?

As an ex endocarditis sufferer no way for me. Could be a route in for more nasty infections.

Sailors used to wear an earring so the earring could be used to pay for funeral expenses and the like-no, I'm not kidding. I guess the same could be said if your wife finds the owner of the other earring! She'll use the one you have to pay your funeral expenses, too!

Sweltering in Idaho,
-Laura
I'll have to tell my husband that . He used to be a merchant marine several
years ago and I dont think he knows the true meaning of the earring that
he still wears sometimes.....I mean its subtle and it does look ok on him,
but he certainly cant wear it in alot of places. Of course NYC is OK;)
He told me that it was a rite of passage for the new sailors and that the
newer seamen werent allowed to wear them:rolleyes:

1188.jpg

As far as piercings - make sure he does antibiotics and check with the doc to see how long he should take them. But I do agree that the fact that he had endocard. makes it a much trickier issue and I'd thing twice. And we've been told that Coumadin and the little extra bleeding that occurs causes a tat to be blurred. Someone also posted that they doubted that any reputable tattoo artist would work on someone on Coumadin.

Latest posts

Back