Who will be where this year?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I won't take a "major" road trip this year because I want to attend several different events, some of which I missed last year. Thus, 2008 trips will be short'n'sweet. If you're interested in meeting up along the way, please tell me!

My 2008 plans include (mote details later)...

SUNDAY, APRIL 27 ... GENEVA IL
= ACHA/VR joint gathering for lunch:
http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24586

THURSDAY-MONDAY, JUNE 26-30 ... near PITTSBURGH PA
= NMCOA Monte Carlo Nationals:
http://www.montecarloclub.com/Monte_Nationals_Page.htm
...itinerary (route, times, stops) TBD

SATURDAY, JULY 26 ... ELGIN IL AREA
= multi-group car gathering, Paul Wolff Shelter at the Paul Wolff/Burnidge Forest Preserve off Big Timber Rd:
http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/185110/

FRIDAY-TUESDAY, AUGUST 8-12 ... MI, OH, PA, NJ, MD, northern VA, WV
= Family reunion in PA (Saturday, August 9)
= Family gathering in northern VA (Sunday, August 10 or Monday, August 11)
= mini road trip (itinerary including stops, dates, times, route TBD) through Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, northern Virginia and West Virginia

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 6 ... ST CHARLES/GENEVA IL
= ACHA/VR joint Mini Reunion

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27 ... STILLMAN VALLEY IL
= Car show, along IL RT 72

FRIDAY-SUNDAY, OCTOBER 3-5 ... ST LOUIS MO
= Midwest MC Meet:
http://montecarloclub.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=1428

And...in early 2009...VALVEREPLACEMENT REUNION, MARCH 11-15, ST LOUIS MO.

Also, in 2009, I hope to return to a "major" road trip, but to where, I'm not sure...yet. Any suggestions?

What plans do YOU have for the coming months...and where will YOU be?

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"When you're surrounded by friends, they say the fun never ends" ... Glen Campbell ... 'Country Boy'

We are taking our son and his family to Disney World June 1 - 8,2008. We looking forward to this vacation with them. My kids gave me a Richard Petty Driving Experience Pass for my birthday so I will be driving a NASCAR while we are there. :D

Love the Road Trips!!!! we are going in June to South Dakota-Mt Rushmore, etc. Have never been there so we are really looking forward to it. Another event that should be great-my mom is going to her 50th high school reunion at LakeView High School in Chicago in Sept. She asked that I go with her-I am thrilled for her that she (hopefully!!) is doing well enough to be able to go:) Deb

Our immediate family, along with Bob's mom, sisters and their families, will all meet in Gulf Shores, AL the second week of June. We're staying a week, and Robbie and Noel (VR members from Birmingham) will meet up with us for a few days. I also hope to visit with Yaps while we're there.
And Cort, maybe we can meet sometime while you're in St. Louis in October.:)

Mary
I'm going to be nosey here and ask where you all are staying in Gulf Shores. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

We took a family vacation there last year and had so much fun. We stayed at the Phoenix.

Earline

Well, I've already started packing for our Alaskan vacation which is scheduled for May 21st but being that I have to do things at a lot slower pace than the average person, I've started packing!

The flight from Dallas/Ft Worth to Anchorage is 6 hrs & 45 min long, however, & I'm kind of worried about having to sit for such a long time & the fear of clotting! :eek: Any suggestions?

Once there, we spend 2 days in Anchorage & then start our tour for 4-days which includes:

Travel by train to Talkeetna where we stay for a while & then depart to McKinley by Motorcoach where we spend the night at "McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge".

The following day we travel by Motorcoach to Denali Park where we stay 2-nights. We do a Tundra Wilderness Tour while there & mess around the rest of the time.

Then we depart by train to Whittier where we board the ship to start our Southbound cruise, destination Vancouver where we depart to come home.
All in all, we'll be gone 13 days.

I have two dogs, Petrie & Bridgett & a 16-yr old cat that I have decided to leave at home & a pet sitter will be coming by to take care of them. The tabby named Wally will be tended too. He is an outside cat, in fact, they are all outside pets, (I bring them in during the cold months to sleep & during very cold days). We have an enclosed back porch with chain link fencing & concrete slab so it's very clean & dry & protected from the elements. The reason I decided not to board them is because I thought they would do better in their own environment rather than in a strange place where they know no one. The lady that's going to take care of them is their groomer so they know her, all except for the cat; he doesn't know her. My next door neighbor & also one of my brother's will also check in on them from time to time so I think I made the right choice? Any thoughts? I hate to leave them so much but we have no choice! I just hope they'll be okay!

I'm taking my INR monitor with me & I'm getting a letter from my doctor right before I leave to take with me just in case.

So, keeping my fingers crossed that our dream finally comes true ---- we've already had to cancel this trip before because of the last OHS I had & then complications there after, so........ say a prayer for me! :)

Oh yeah, I have to PM Peggy in Alaska & let her know when we'll be there. Perhaps I'll get to meet her. That would be nice! :)

marie said:
Mary
I'm going to be nosey here and ask where you all are staying in Gulf Shores. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

We took a family vacation there last year and had so much fun. We stayed at the Phoenix.

Earline

Earline,
It's good to hear that you had a good time. This will be our first trip to Gulf Shores. We're staying at the Seacrest. I think it's west on the strip. I hoped to snorkle while we're there, but I haven't seen any advertisements for it. Do you know if it's offered?

NJean, your trip sounds wonderful. It sounds exactly like the one Granbonny and her husband and kids took. One of our boys went skiing in Whittier a few months ago, and Bonnie was able to tell me all about it. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that you're able to take the trip and enjoy it without any complications.:)

Just returned from a family gathering, weekend away here
http://www.wensleydaleheifer.co.uk/
to celebrate my mothers 80th birthday. Too much good food and too much fine wine. :)

Another weekend away end of May here
http://www.chippingsteamfair.co.uk/index.php?p=2007&m=7
showing my classic Saab convertible, meeting many other Saab enthusiasts and enjoying the evenings when all the steam engines chug the mile and half down country lanes to the nearest village. their bowler hatted drivers are toasted with foaming pints of beer from the pubs in the village. Later on in the showground, marquees are awash with diverse entertainment and good real ale. :)

Our youngest daughter (14) is going on a school trip treking in Africa for a month over the summer, also doing good works in impoverished village schools. So our usual family summer holiday is cut down to a week. My partner Bonzooki and our other daughter (17) are having a week on a little 15km by 5km island in the Atlantic end of July
http://www.madeirahelp.com/porto_santo_photos?from=10
not much to do except chill out. Think I'll cope

Chris and I are heading to Orlando (driving of course:) ) this coming Saturday (the 19th). We are going to be acting like kids at Disney World and visiting a friend we haven't seen in a few years.

In September we will be visiting Falling Water (a Frank Lloyd Wright home) and staying at Duncan House (another of his homes) in western PA.

Other than that, we will probably do a couple long weekends and maybe a trip up to visit Ross. ;) :D ;)

Hope everyone has a wonderful vacation season.

I'll try to stay out of the hospital this time, but I make no guarantees. If you get close enough or visit your buddies to the West of me, let me know and we can try to hook up.

I will spend time with Chuck & Dani in Sarasota. Also some Time with Linda in Atlanta (Sharpsburg). Sometime this summer. but your itenerary does not include the southeast, I see. Enjoy.

Me, my wife, and her family are going to Orlando for a week and then on a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas. I am so excited. I have never seen the ocean. I gonna be great.

Mark and I are taking our first time off in 3 years that does not involve someone's major illness! WOOO HOOO!!!!!
We're going to Hawaii in early May, then up to see family in Pittsburgh in July, with a side trip to the lake at Erie. I'm packing for Hawaii already. Can't Wait, Can't Wait. :D
A longtime friend of a close friend is staying with the furkids as pet sitter, and my INRatio is tagging along with us.

AgilityDog said:
Mark and I are taking our first time off in 3 years that does not involve someone's major illness! WOOO HOOO!!!!!
We're going to Hawaii in early May, then up to see family in Pittsburgh in July, with a side trip to the lake at Erie. I'm packing for Hawaii already. Can't Wait, Can't Wait. :D
A longtime friend of a close friend is staying with the furkids as pet sitter, and my INRatio is tagging along with us.
Sounds like you'll be very close to me also.

Wow ... lots of traveling ... woot!

Mary said:
And Cort, maybe we can meet sometime while you're in St. Louis in October.:)

*nods*

Absolutely!!!

hensylee said:
but your itenerary does not include the southeast, I see.

*sighs*

No, no it doesn't, Ann ... sorry. Heh ... even found out just recently that some friends from southern FL (who I didn't get to see last November) are moving to Tallahassee ... dangumit.

"All your lies somehow left me blind" ... George Ducas ... 'Lipstick Promises'

Adam,

Will you be driving or flying to those?

Additional plans for me:

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 ... Sandwich IL
=CHD Golf Outing:
http://www.chdquilt.org/jasonmemorialgolf.html
(Info from the 2007 outing)

AND, sometime in 2008, I hope to make a trip to the Nashville/Jackson TN area ... may favorite area.

*sighs*

Course, I still have family and friends to see in California, Boston/the NorthEast, Minnesota, and a few other places ... in my lifetime.

SPEAKING OF ... maybe this is for another topic(s), but:

Where is your favorite area?

...and...

Where do you want to go in your lifetime?

"I've traveled so far to change this lonely life" ... Foreigner ... 'I Want To Know What Love Is'

Latest posts

Back