Which home testing unit do you use?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Qas

Qas

Hello,

Give me a call when you get a chance, as I think we will be able to offer you a pretty competitive price.

Lance, QAS
800-298-4515 ex2865

I've used both ProTime and INRatio - love the INRatio... can't say enough about it.. at first I thought I was having problems getting enough sample blood, but then it dawned on me I wasn't pressing the finger stick against my finger all that much.. no wonder I was having to stick 4 times before I finally got a good sample.. now, I press just enough (not too hard, but enough to get a stick) and I now have no problems getting the sample.

Chris

P.s. my insurance paid for both.. once via a PPO and my latest when I had Cigna HMO... I now have Cigna EPO and they still pay.. not sure of your insurance situation, but just letting you know, both HMOs and EPO/PPOs have paid for mine, and continue to cover my strips at n/c.

I have a Coaguchek S as well as the new Coaguchek XS. I tend to use
the XS only now. When I have tested them at the same time, they
only showed a difference of 0.1 inbetween eachother. The advantages of
the XS is the cuvettes do not need to be kept cool, it´s obviously much
smaller and more convinient then the "S" to travel with.

Don´t know why they are not in use in the US yet, here they are quite
common and very well trusted for accuracy/performance. Hope they will
be made available in the US too!

/
Martin

Valve-Viking said:
I have a Coaguchek S as well as the new Coaguchek XS. I tend to use
the XS only now. When I have tested them at the same time, they
only showed a difference of 0.1 inbetween eachother. The advantages of
the XS is the cuvettes do not need to be kept cool, it´s obviously much
smaller and more convinient then the "S" to travel with.

Don´t know why they are not in use in the US yet, here they are quite
common and very well trusted for accuracy/performance. Hope they will
be made available in the US too!

/
Martin

Here's a Coagucheck XS for 900 Euros, which is roughly 1.139.76 $. Good grief, these units are steeply priced.

ILoVeNY25,

Are you sure you want to go solo entirely? Don't forget that strips are steeply priced also. You may end up testing each week so that things get expensive quickly. What strikes me is that many VR members get this stuff covered through their insurance. What gives?

WEll............always late............

WEll............always late............

to respond, but we have the INRatio, too. WE got it based on the info we read here. WE wanted a small portable unit that required the least amount of blood, since it's for a five year old.

We have nothing to compare it to, but we love it. We have finally started averaging the .5 to .6 difference from the lab draws that most INRatio users encounter, but we did have a learning curve for quite some time. Last week the lab draw was 2.8; INRatio 3.3. Our card still insists on a lab draw every couple of months until we can convince her otherwise.

Hope you can get it covered. Hugs. J.

Pt

Pt

I have a protime for 4 yrs. and medicare pays for the supplies for testing once a week. I tested it with my Dr.'s and they have been .2 apart. Good luck with what ever you choose it is just great not to have to go to the Dr. or lab.

Latest posts

Back