Where are you getting your supplies?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would definitely recommend Reliaston. I had purchased on Ebay for a while until I found Reliaston - a much better online source for test strips. Very reliable, great customer service, and most reasonable prices. I tried Selfcaredepot one time and not as good as Reliaston. The problem I had with Ebay is that the majority of the sellers were from overseas and some times I couldn't tell until they were delivered - that was a problem because of the long transit and exposure.

I would definitely recommend Reliaston. I had purchased on Ebay for a while until I found Reliaston - a much better online source for test strips. Very reliable, great customer service, and most reasonable prices.

Wow, this looks good - how did you find them? And what’s the catch? Do they need a doctor’s order for the strips or something?

Do they need a doctor’s order for the strips or something?
I'm sort of curious as to why one would need this, I mean
  • its not a drug
  • you don't eat it (I'm surprised to have learned that there is actually "prescription from a veterinarian type dog food")
  • diabetics buy strips for their blood tests from Cosco.. and also prick their finger (often 5 times a day) in order to obtain blood to determine their medication.

Wow, this looks good - how did you find them? And what’s the catch? Do they need a doctor’s order for the strips or something?
Their prices are about what I was paying on Ebay. I just now went to their site and went through the process of ordering, loading into my cart, ect. At no time did they ask for a prescription. I did not complete the purchase, as I've got about 8 months left of strips, but just wanted to see if it asked me for a prescription. It did not.

Yes, I believe they are on the East Coast. I always go with the free shipping which is standard usps shipping and gets delivered within a few days to a week, but there are options for expedited shipping at additional cost which i have never had to use because I always order well ahead of running out. They have various expiration dates in stock and the longest expiration are usually a bit more. I kind of like that because I don't always need the latest expiration dates and can get them a bit cheaper. I also signed up for their email updates and occasionally they send out coupons and notifications on specials.

AFAIK - you don't need a prescription for the CoaguChek XS (or InRange), or for strips.

Roche doesn't sell to self-testers. I can imagine why, but won't speculate.

They require that you get meter and strips from testing services.

Reliaston and others don't have this restriction - I'm not sure how they can get meters and strips (presumably directly from Roche) for resale to self testers (and clinics, and others), but they do.

I ordered from them once - and had a new buyer code that saved me another 5%. Shipping was fast. They gave me a tracking number.

I'm happy with them (so far), and it's good not to have to go to eBay for strips, choose a U.S. seller, and wait for the best price.

I'll probably use them for strips in the future.

I note you are in Maryland, as was Timmay, so is Reliaston an East Coast based place?
@MaryLM beat me to it but, yes, they appear to be based out of Gainesville, Florida, USA. I assume shipping costs would be a bit.. excessive?.. to the Land Down Under.

They do mention that "All of our product ships from our own stock - we do not drop ship." which, assuming is accurate, is both a positive and a negative. I get quick shipping from a known entity but if they're my best option and they go tits-up then it means I can't simply go to their (non-Roche) wholesaler.

The fact that their other product lines are gears for lawn equipment and motorized gate supplies must have an interesting story behind it.

assume shipping costs would be a bit.. excessive?.. to the Land Down Under.
That and the exchange rate is but disadvantageous.

Happily I have a couple of choices down here that are acceptable.

The fact that their other product lines are gears for lawn equipment and motorized gate supplies must have an interesting story behind it.
👍

😀

Yeah, Chuck. I have some Coag-Sense meters that apparently can't use the newer strips.

I DO have a few XS meters. I have an XS Pro that I occasionally use. The XS is so reliable that I don't really need more than one. (I was just given one by my PCP - it was returned by a patient who complained that it 'was inaccurate' -- I tested it and it is just fine.

I'm sort of curious as to why one would need this, I mean
  • its not a drug
  • you don't eat it (I'm surprised to have learned that there is actually "prescription from a veterinarian type dog food")
  • diabetics buy strips for their blood tests from Cosco.. and also prick their finger (often 5 times a day) in order to obtain blood to determine their medication.
I am a type 2 and do get my diabetic supplies from Walmart, for there is no Cosco nearby in my neighborhood. And only prick 2x a days. Type 1 pricks a lot more and those get a CGM. And type 2 do not prick to medicate, for we are on metformin, and some on insulin, the dosage set by the doctor, when we go get the blood draw for A1C. Diabetes is much more to it than doing the blood stick for Wafarin.

Back